Find All / Replace All function does not auto-focus the search box when opened with 'Updated Docking System' beta feature

Although this is somewhat of a trivial bug, it does affect my workflow and is quite annoying when I use Ctrl + Shift + F and start typing, then look up and nothing I’ve typed is there. Going to @ @MeshOfPaul here for reference. :smile:

Expected behavior

The behavior should be identical to the old docking system where the search box is focused and ready to type in upon opening the Find All / Replace all feature.

4 Likes

@MeshOfPaul Hey! Just following up here since you liked this post before your winter break. Hoping this hasn’t been forgotten about and/or if you could provide an ETA for a fix. This bug is slightly impacting my workflow so would really appreciate one.

1 Like

No ETA but I have made a ticket for it and it’s assigned. For me this only happens when the Find All panel has been hidden. For now the workaround (for me, at least) is to hit the shortcut twice or leave the Find All panel visible/docked.

Nothing do with focus in Studio is ever trivial. Because we have so many different plugins and panels that can be in any state of visible, plus teams all thinking they should get focus, plus users having different ideas of what they expect to have focused… it’s slowly gotten messier and harder to fix. It’s something I hope to clean up more systemically as we keep overhauling the Studio architecture.

1 Like

Thanks for the info - wasn’t aware of those extra details you mentioned regarding the repro, nor the workaround.

Understood; really appreciate the insight here and looking forward to a fix, as well as the new Studio layout you guys have planned that will hopefully clean things up. Thanks a bunch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Going over my old reports, I’m pretty sure this has been fixed now. If you could confirm that would be awesome. Thanks for your hard work, Paul! :heart:

1 Like

Great! We did look into this on a couple of different occasions and the engineer we had assigned it to recently left the company so I can’t 100% say we found the problem and explicitly fixed it. But happy to take the win here.

1 Like