Firefox Notifications for All Users!

Hi everyone!

I’m here to give an update on how desktop push notifications have been coming along. Two months ago, we released Chrome notifications for all users with five types of notifications. Today, I’m happy to announce that we have added one new notification type (new private message) and one new supported browser! We have officially released Firefox notifications!

What are desktop push notifications?
So for those of you who haven’t seen the previous thread about Chrome notifications, here’s a brief summary. Desktop push notifications are just like mobile push notifications – when something you’re interested in happens, you get notified!

Here is an example of what they will look like.

How do I turn them on?
First, make sure you have Firefox 46 or higher installed on your computer. Then, go to the Privacy tab under My Settings, and click on the switch next to Desktop Push. You’ll then be guided through how to turn on notifications on the browser level.

Can I choose which notifications I see?
Of course! In the Privacy tab under My Settings, you’ll be able to select which events you want to be notified about.

What about mobile push notifications?!?!?!
Do not fear, we’re working on it! More to come…

As usual, please let me know if you have any feedback, suggestions, or questions about notifications!

11 Likes