Fireplace feedback

As I was building this fireplace, I thought it looked a bit strange. How does it look to you guys? What could I improve on?

17 Likes

Damn bro! :shock:

The black lines reduce the amount of depth in the bricks.

1 Like

:open_mouth: Amazing! The black lines are super creative. Good job!

3 Likes

Wait.
How are the black lines creative? It makes the build look very cartoony.

How does this look? I think it looks better.

2 Likes

I don’t normally see cartoony and realistic combine. It breaks it up and fits in. That is why I think it’s creative

2 Likes

I think @Fas_ty35 was correct here. When I look at modern bricks now, the stuff in-between each brick aren’t exactly designed to be eye-catching. So I think the dark grey look better than the black. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This Looks Insane You Can Add Some Chairs And A Carpet At The Campfire It Looks Epic.

1 Like

Wow this looks really nice! Amazing job.

Overall, it looks nice. However, the idea of a beheaded dog being nailed above the fireplace is a bit creepy to me. Anyways, one thing I think you could improve on is making the books procedural using blender so that you are not using a free model. This looks amazing!

1 Like

Also try making the fireplace look a bit more cozy.

The way the bricks are spaced out doesn’t really make sense. Are they placed ON a wall in that pattern? If they’re just laid down, there wouldn’t be much of/any space between them. Looks like some sort of WIP construction wall.

(Edit: Just noticed you practically fixed that in your reply, far better)

The books as well don’t give off a good look. The texture obviously repeats since you have some pretty contrasting colors. Make the textures a little more sparse and try to add some complications to make it more visually engaging.

I think to really sell the cozy fireplace look, you need to add something on the shelves. Some toys, books, just something to make it feel personal. I think the doge head should be angled down and slightly scaled up to make it look more imposing. The last thing is that it looks out of place. I usually think of a fireplace as the center of the room, the place where people gather. Maybe move those tables and chairs slightly closer.

1 Like

Pull out some of the bricks on the wall to give it more depth, also you could add a couch, a firethingy that goes in fire and a rug on the floor so it looks more cozy

I think that you could have added some actual rocks protruding here and there on the cobblestone and not even use the lines. The mantle might look better a bit larger and a bit higher for the size of that room. The bricks on one side seem to be running the wrong way, you know like woodgrains. It is such a nice build these are just my own preferences. Great work!!

The Place looks so good! The books are a decal probabley, but the wood texture? That is amazing!

What looks strange isn’t the fireplace, it’s the book shelf, you should add more variation since its just a sequence of colors

Damn, you are an insane builder. I love every detail you made! Amazing!

1 Like

For me, the actual brick texture on and around the fireplace just looks weird. It’s a little too light colored and I’ve never been a fan of the custom Roblox texture.

Really well created, possibly add some extra props around the fireplace, considering it is still one of them manual fireplaces, possibly a bag of wood or coal with a shovel and broom stick will really give it that finalised touch.

1 Like