First Blender Model

I made my first blender model today. It’s really simple but I plan on using it as some sort of automated weapon in a game. Any feedback is appreciated.

3 Likes

You can add bevels to an edge with ctrl + B.

You can add curved spikes to it, by using inset (ctrl + I), placing the world cursor where you want to curve around, and using the spin tool. You can then use proportional editing (with connected enabled) to make it pointy without touching anything else.

You can cut the mesh in 2, so that you can automatically mirror it with the mirror modifier. To add the cut in the center, use ctrl + R (loop cut). Then switch to vertex mode and destroy 1 side (ctrl + b to box select. Ctrl + x to delete.)

You can carve out some parts. I hide the parts at the end of the video with H.

Note: this is a reasonably non-destructive workflow, as long as you don’t apply the modifiers.

3 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much for all of these brief tutorials! I will work on the model!

NP, there’s a ton of basic techniques in there. Gyazo only lets me record 8s so that’s why they are so short lol, but you can pause it. Btw if you forget a hotkey, F3 opens the action menu (And you can type the action, and it’ll show the hotkey)