First Class Staircase for TheAmazeman

Not for my Titanic but for the rebuild I’m doing for his Titanic!

Woah, are those new materials or textures? And is that CSG or parts?

Well, keep in mind - you gotta keep the parts down low to avoid lag, so remeber to use CSG modeling

No, CSG modeling is not the solution. It makes everything worse, except for looks. I’ve done tests to prove this.

This ship sinks fine without any CSG, (it was built in 2011) where as inyo’s ship with a lot of csg can’t sink in online mode without lagging out.

I might put up a youtube vid to show what I mean by “lagging out”.

When I played Inyo’s game, I didn’t experience lag. And as for potential lag I would blame the terrain water - I remember once when I tried to make a ocean of the stuff it almost crashed my computer.

little update guys.

Usually I find decal texturing obnoxious. But I think the look it lends to this is very nice. Why are so many stairs stacked on top of each other in that??

Because it was that way on the actual titanic, here is a snippet from my general arrangement plans that hopefully clears this up for you.

The lag I speak of happens when we try to sink inyo’s ship using our sinking method. What happens is it sinks fine in studio mode; but online, the server can’t keep up with replicating the changes to the client in time for the next frame (I guess), and it is a lot more choppy than it is in studio.

The lag I speak of happens when we try to sink inyo’s ship using our sinking method. What happens is it sinks fine in studio mode; but online, the server can’t keep up with replicating the changes to the client in time for the next frame (I guess), and it is a lot more choppy than it is in studio.[/quote]

Another issue that could be solved if we had physics distribution control :<

update: finished the first class staircase, now just to install it in the titanic I’m rebuilding for Amaze.

Awesome looking. I think, though, we need to stage an intervention for this titanic addiction you have…

I tried

But inyo will not give in

I tried

But inyo will not give in