First ever Blender creation

Hello, this is my first ever creation in blender and I was wondering what y’all thought about it. Keep in mind this is only my first time ever, I’ve never used blender before. Any tips y’all expert modelers have will be greatly appreciated! :heart:

(and yes, I completely copied the entire thing from RoBuilder :rofl:)

15 Likes

ngl I couldn’t even figure out how to move when i first opened up blender :skull:
really good for your first creation, keep making different kinds of trees without tutorials (trust me this is how you get better)

5 Likes

Tysm, and ill take your advice and make more trees without any tutorials.

1 Like
Duolingo is everywhere I can’t escape!

cough cough Anyways, I feel like the tree would fit a haunted vibe. The curve of the tree feels like too much for anything else. The trunk is quite big and the colors feel off as well.

You can toggle on and off these buttons:

They are visual settings. You can hover on them to get more in-depth information. Might want to change the look of a screenshot or something.

Said the Duolingo thing cause of the profile picture:

If you wanted to, you can change it to your current avatar by logging out of your account and back in. Can’t remember which, so I usually just do both. forum and roblox account.

1 Like

Haha I’m no longer duolingo on Roblox so I’ll do what you said with logging out. Also I agree with the haunted thing. And thanks for the advice and taking time to comment.

1 Like

I think you can reduce the size of the trunk as it’s too big. Other than that, the curve of the tree will be odd if you are using the tree for a game that is realistic.

2 Likes

This is a great model. The curve makes it look very unique and haunted (as @Reditect said). Keep it up!

2 Likes

Having started my journey not so long ago, I can finally say I now understand how to manipulate the camera! Feel free to ask me about it

4 Likes

Damn 3000+ hours is a long time. Also the camera in blender is definitely weird. I can freely move around with q but how do I set it back to normal where my center is locked around the origin (the way the camera is the first time).

The camera thing was a joke, but I’ll help you anyways:

Numpad del will center your view on the selected object. You can also press F3 to look for a specific command, it’ll show you the hotkey. Also, in the top right you should see axis in the top right.

You can also move the camera around with shift/alt/ctrl, middle mouse button.
If you need a cam more like Roblox Studio, F3 > search “Fly”

For your first ever creation I am genuinely impressed. When I first started Blender, it took me a very long time to understand how the camera worked, let alone the shortcuts.

The only problem I would have with your low-poly tree is that the tree trunk may be a bit too wide, but luckily that’s a very easy fix.

I really love the fact that you took your time with this tree and even added a bit of detail and curvature to the upper portion of the tree.

Try understanding how certain modifiers work, one of the most important ones being Subdivision. (Psst, I highly recommend checking out the Triangulate modifier paired with Decimate. They will take your Low-Poly tree to a Whole new level, believe me!

2 Likes