First Look at My New Game!

Hi there! I’m currently working on a backrooms game! Now, I know there’s soooooo much other backrooms games out there (looking at you apeirophobia), and when I started developing this game, I wanted to make it stand out from the rest. I then realized how linear a lot of other backrooms games were. For example, in Apeirophobia, you try to get from point a, to point b without dying. That’s why I decided to make this game open-world! The one main objective is to escape, but there’s so much more to it than that. 75% of the game is unlocking new levels, exploring those levels, collecting badges, discovering the lore, finding secret sub-areas within the levels you just unlocked, and plenty more. I plan to add the first “main” nine levels on the wiki, then turn to the community to decide which levels will be added next. Here are some pictures:

Level 0:

Level 1:

Level 2:

As you can see, I’m taking advantage of Roblox’s amazing Future lighting system to create some awesome looking areas. Of course, what you see in the pictures is subject to change.
I’m currently open to suggestions what to change, feature requests, etc.

If you would like to stay updated, you can join my group here which has a discord link you can join to participate in future events (polls, suggestions, level addition votes)

Thank you!

8 Likes

Hi! I’m honestly impressed with the realism you’ve got, can you explain me what did you do to achieve this? The problem is I’m doing a backroom game but I can’t make it realistic and I don’t know what to change in lighting… If you can help me I’m really thankful!

There should be a tab called lighting in your explorer, in it there’s a property where you can change the lighting technology from shadow map (default) to future (super cool realistic) keep in mind you need to have your studio graphics high enough to see the effects

Yea I already did that, but what do I change to get that?? I can’t even make it realistic enough ;-;

It is my backrooms project, and I can’t figure out how to make it realistic.

Are the game out? I want to play it :smiley:

Sorry for the wait, here’s my lighting setup:

Sorry, just noticed the images were rotated lol

1 Like

It’s getting close to the point where I can release a pre alpha, not much actual gameplay just exploring mainly. If you’d like to stay updated you can join my group: QuikStudios - Roblox

1 Like

I also used spot lights instead of point lights for the lights

1 Like

Pretty impresive!

I’d recommend adding stuff to level 1 specifically, looks too empty, and while some backrooms levels are meant to be like that, it doesn’t mean you have to follow the original idea

2 Likes

It looks very nice.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m planning on adding random objects that spawn throughout that level in particular

1 Like

The lighting you’re using is really impressive! I’ll play the game when it is released!

1 Like