First Low-Poly Build

Hello there DevForum members, I’m vyliour! Recently, I wanted to try out on low-poly buildings. This was a small showcase that I created, built and all modeled by me in Blender and/or Roblox Studio. I’d love to hear some feedback for my first low-poly build, thanks a lot! :smile:

PICTURES :framed_picture:

I’m not the best at taking pictures, so here’s the game!

Small Low-Poly Showcase - Roblox

22 Likes

I really love your showcase, even if it is small. To me, it feels cartoonish, and I love seeing those place types these days. In your build I love the design of the houses, but I would like to see small stuff in them
Examples

• Chairs, couch, television, artwork, etc.
    There are some slight build mistakes (I don’t know if you intended to put them here so bare in mind with that.)

To give further explanation, your build is above ground, so you should fix that.

There is some grey over by the yellow house, I don’t know if you intended to put that, but it seems very out of place since the ground is grass.

Another thing I noticed was you can see a base plate way below your actual show case itself if you scroll out far enough when you jump in the trees.

4 Likes

Wow!

You’ve done a really good job on removing any empty spaces and making the build look really full. Good job! :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely fix the problems you mentioned

1 Like

The cartoon low-poly design you’ve gone for looks great, it really works and pops at you. Personally the lighting could be brighter maybe more blue to reflect a pastel look but that depends on what design you’re going for.

Overall great job!

3 Likes

The environment is very agreeable to eyes ! (houses too)

As a person that never considered starting a low-poly build, I think your trees’ cones have too much UVs…

In my opinion smoothing the trees(for example in Blender) should make this build “showcase” even better !

(it doesn’t fit/match with the other bevel-ed oak trees)

@masonf57 said :

In your build I love the design of the houses, but I would like to see small stuff in them

Yes ! More little details would fit nicely with your build in my opinion

2 Likes

trees need some improvement , please , please , do not use that many vertices on a pine unless its smoothed , try 8. If your having issues with the shading click on the green triangle whilst the leaves are selected , find normals , click it and press auto smooth. adjust the angle to your preference. Other than that really nice work!

Whoa! This is Amazing, I Love the way you did the Buildings!

@pengoo74 @UseCode_Valkyrie

Don’t want to anyhow alarm you… But this topic was made a year ago.

If you’re still looking for feedback: it looks great for your first build of this kind. The colors match together, the shapes fit well, and it’s very nice all together. And even though this post is old, I enjoyed seeing it.

Yeah Ik Just Replying because I’m bored.

Pretty awesome, I like the buildings even tho in my taste you should lower the brightness. Also, is this a showcase or a lobby for a game? :smile: