First of its kind Roblox Search Engine!

Lets just say UI is not my strong point…

1 Like

This is insane! I can’t even begin to comprehend how you did it. The one issue is you’re going to want to find a way to get the text filtered, or else the mods will be all over you. I could quickly see this becoming some sort of way to give censored info to certain countries, but that might just be my crazy mind talking :smile:

2 Likes

Believe it or not this took less than a week lol. I did 2 two hour live streams with the frame work and spent 10 hours spread out in the week. I did add sensor chat as my friend tested…

I can see haha but it would be a nice touch to have good UI! ^^

I really like the concept after all!

Nice! It looks super cool!

Great job working on this, it’s clear you put in a lot of effort into this. :happy3:

A search engine is like Google, where you type something in and get results for your search query. From there, you can click on a link to connect to a website.

There is no searching here. This looks more like a URL box rather than a search engine, because you have to type the URL in manually instead of choosing from a list.

Nice project regardless!

1.0.0 will MYABE add the link search.

you should allow users to choose RGB and HEX colors instead of only letting them pick specific colors from specific tags.

That might come in the next major update 1.0.0, the official release where I add functions.

He is actually searching a keyword from a database, search engines are literally that. You type keywords in and the search engine produces an output in relation to the database

It’s not searching a keyword, it’s getting the value associated with the keyword. Big difference.

It identifies items based on a word, so it is still a search engine. It doesn’t need to look at the contents it can also just look at the index, and it would still be a search engine

A search engine is Google, where it gets links to relevant websites rather than directly connecting you to one.

If you type a keyword into this, you don’t get a list. You either get a website or you get nothing.

It isn’t though, as I said a search engine isn’t restricted to the World Wide Web, it is a piece of technology that identifies items in a database using things you specify, sites like the official Oxford Languages (used by google) support this.

“A program that searches for and identifies items in a database that correspond to keywords or characters specified by the user” Oxford Languages

The key word in that definition is “items.” A search engine gives items, not one item like this project.

Identify means to indicate who or what something is, in this case it is identifying whether the item is valid according to the player’s keywords, this is identifying such items which means it can be qualified as a search engine, returning any amount of values is not related in this case.

Now there are other reasons why this could be disqualified as a search engine, but it isn’t related to how it actually searches.

Typing out a URL isn’t searching, it’s going to the URL.
Typing in keywords into a search engine searches for items and returns relevant results, which takes you to the URL,

This isn’t going anywhere. I’m just going to stop responding because I don’t want to flood this topic.

Since this is a custom-made engine then it is actually searching the local database, when you do type a URL in a real engine it will bring you to the actual direction that is located in the DNS, in that case you are looking directly there, but in this case we are actually searching in the database to find relevant results.

The rsw at the beginning of each domain does not make much sense. That is called a subdomain, and they are used for separating major parts of a website (like the forum vs the home page vs the API docs for Roblox)

2 Likes

i would def make the ui more modern and clean, here is an example i made:

tho great concept!! :heart:

1 Like