How to snap the actual characters arms to the camera

hi, i want to make a system where when you zoom in, your arms lock to your camera and will adjust like a tool specific viewmodel, even when not using a tool. dummies vs noobs uses a system like this and i would like to have one similar to that. if there’s an opensource one or if someone could guide me on making my own, i would appreciate it. i know it is the actual torso and arms from the character because the animations carry over.

(Dummies vs Noobs - Roblox)

THESE ARMS I TALK ABOUT AREN’T FAKE, IM TALKING ABOUT THE ACTUAL CHARACTERS ARMS, BEING MOVED TO THE ORIENTATION OF THE CAMERA.

2 Likes
local arms = game.replicatedstorage.arms.clone -- or elsewhere

RunService.RenderStepped:Connect(function()
    arms:SetPrimaryPartCFrame(workspace.Camera.CFrame)
end)

and then you would move the primary part to change how the arm looks (that is what I did for my game, I am sure there are better solutions thou)

local script btw, in case you didn’t see the renderstepped line

i understand how viewmodels work, its different because its the actual characters arms, not a viewmodel. this system in the game work with or without tools if you look closely enough, animations also carry over between character

Actually view models could have animations:

did this yesterday so ik it works (read solution) also doesnt use viewmodels

thats different. its about making the arms not transparent in first person. if you played the game i linked you would know that the arms tilt with the camera, this isnt arm tilting because that messes up if you look too far up or down.

If your view model is a character… (how I understand the community tutorial) then you could apply a animation for the view model.

I suggest you read it, it explains it well.

oh, well idk but u might be able to easily edit the code to that that with my method

im asking for a solution not a compromise. im asking how to do something based on my details.

Ok… How do i make players arms move up and down with mouse this post does that…

pretty sure view models works better thou.