First Person Cutscenes

Anyone know how I could make first person cutscenes where the player’s camera is manipulated to look a certain direction and animations of the player and other NPCs in the scene play, etc.

I’ve made a post about this before but nothing was really able to help out, I’ve tried doing it before and it didn’t work. So, if anyone could lead me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

4 Likes

I recommend using a plug-in called moon animator. There’s a lot of tutorials on YouTube for that.

2 Likes

Does moon animator have a direct feature for creating first person cutscenes?

2 Likes

It makes it easier to animate.

2 Likes

You could script the cutscenes and have the camera tween/look at another part or head. Then make some animations and use
NPC.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(AnimationObject):Play()

3 Likes

But animation is not the problem, the problem is manipulating the camera in first person.

1 Like

would I make the camera look like its first person?

2 Likes

There’s a video using moon animator making a first person scene. I can’t like it because I’m on mobile.

1 Like

Yeah, you could set the position of the camera to the player’s head, and make it look wherever you want.

3 Likes

Alright I’ll try that, thanks.

2 Likes

Tried, doesn’t seem to work too well. Got any other suggestions or anything?

You could create a fake part on the players head and set the players camera position to the fake part, then you can manipulate the fake part and hopefully achieve what you were looking for.

1 Like

I’ll look into that, but that could be pretty hard to do.

cant you just like set the cameras cframe to the Head cframe in a RenderStepped loop???

1 Like

its easy tho (if you have player variable)

Part.CFrame = Player.Head.CFrame
2 Likes

Here is a post that should explain what you want to do.

1 Like

Just saw this, sorry about that lol. Thanks a lot tho, definitely gonna take a look at this! :slight_smile: