First person visible body like in DOORS 👁️

I want to make the body visible in first person, like in the popular game Doors. I have created a script which makes my body visible but I can see my whole body but I want to move the camera forward to see only the legs like in Doors, for this I changed some properties in CameraOffset in the player humanoid but after that, when I touch the wall, I see everything that is behind it. I want to understand what could be a better way, either to move the camera using CameraOffset in the player’s humanoid, or somehow it is possible locally for the player to move his body back so that he sees only a small part of his torso

1 Like

local character = (game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character or game.Players.LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:wait())

game:GetService(“RunService”).RenderStepped:connect(function()
if (character:FindFirstChild(“RightUpperArm”) and character:FindFirstChild(“LeftUpperArm”)) then
character:FindFirstChild(“RightUpperArm”).LocalTransparencyModifier = 0

character:FindFirstChild("RightLowerArm").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0

character:FindFirstChild("RightHand").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0
	character:FindFirstChild("LeftUpperArm").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0

character:FindFirstChild("LeftLowerArm").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0

character:FindFirstChild("LeftHand").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0
	character:FindFirstChild("RightUpperLeg").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0

character:FindFirstChild("RightLowerLeg").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0

character:FindFirstChild("RightFoot").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0
	character:FindFirstChild("LeftUpperLeg").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0

character:FindFirstChild("LeftLowerLeg").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0

character:FindFirstChild("LeftFoot").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0
	character:FindFirstChild("UpperTorso").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0	

character:FindFirstChild("LowerTorso").LocalTransparencyModifier = 0	
	character:FindFirstChild("Humanoid").CameraOffset = Vector3.new(0,0,-1)
end

end)

1 Like

Well is your game in first person all the time?, if yes you can destroy any accessories on the player and make the head invisible which should solve your issue, maybe offset the camera very slightly forward too to see the entire body it’s up to you

1 Like

put in starterplayerscripts if doesn’t work put in startercharacterscripts

I tried the same method with CameraOffset, but it moves more far than player’s collision so i can see all what is behind the wall.

do the cameraOffset = Vectopr3.new(0,0, -1.5)

Yeah this method is working but, CameraOffset moves my camera more far than player’s collision so i can see all what is behind the wall.

a video pls i didn’t get what ur saying

robloxapp-20240703-1602417.wmv (1.1 MB)

After CameraOffset = Vector3.new(0, 0, -1.2) when i go close to the wall i can see through the wall

make wall thicker it should work

You can create a view port model. If you don’t know how there’s many tutorials. I’m pretty sure doors uses view models too because you can see the flashlight points towards your camera when you look up/down.

Wall is a one part, no sense how thick is it anyways i can see through, creating 2-3 layers walls is not good idea i guess

You mean ViewportFrame? I guess doors don’t use ViewportFrame to see player’s body

No not that. It’s like in fps games. Basically fake arms.

You might want to look into using the realism module to do this. It also comes with footstep sounds for you character animate looking up and down procedurally: GitHub - MaximumADHD/Character-Realism: A flexible character enhancement system for Roblox.

I didn’t found some tutorials about it, i don’t think doors using that, cuz in fps games arms moving with your camera in doors you look down and see your legs

This is unavoidable due to the fact that your camera is literally pushed forward a bit.

Edit: I am sorry I didn’t quite understand the discussion, could I get a quick resumé of this discussion?

View models aren’t limited to just arms. If you don’t want arms just clone your character and delete everything you don’t need. Then move it slightly back.