FIRST POST! Opinions on a little Italian neighborhood i made? - took around 3-4 hours

43 Likes

The colour theme doesn’t look that good and make the buildings more modern, like vibrant colours.
Perhaps add some stuff to the table, in the last image, like some food.

I’d expect better in 3-4 hours.

2 Likes

this is really nice!

I’m a banana

2 Likes

i think you just hate old buildings, its meant to look old brodie.

9 Likes

Looks great!! Very detailed too, keep up the great work!

4 Likes

Damn that looks amazing!! I love the old style of it.

It doesn’t always have to be modern. I believe they went for a old style.

Ok then you do better in 3-4 hours and show us all. Even “simpler” large structures can take a very very long time, so something of this quality is actually incredible.

4 Likes

This is great! I’d only recommend making the doors more detailed and ornate to add to the feel.

4 Likes

I appreciate your kind words, I’m pretty sure this account is some troll account to spread negativity or something, I’ve only been for slightly under a year.

4 Likes

Man, what yall on about “I’d expect better in 3-4 hours.” This is all I could do in a freaking day,

and its a free model btw, i probably spent the first 23 hours watching youtube or something

13 Likes

I think it’s funny you said 3-4 hours. lol, I’ll stop back to check out the 60 hour version after you really put some work into it. Also this looks very nice, good work.

1 Like

This is an amazing post I’ve seen in a while! First of all, this is your first post. Second, instead of begging for help (like how normally beginners do), you kept your cool. That’s the thing that already made me happy

About your build, it’s really amazing and the bright green shutters make it stand out even more, good job!

1 Like

No Tu QuoQues needed here. A bit of harsh criticism is definitely not bad, since most players are harsh when judging games. Awesome build but, the guy have a point with the table decors.

this is the same dude who leaked infamous eddys face on my post :skull:

anyways, the buildings look really nice! it feels alive to me and the lighting is perfect

3 Likes

This is AMAZING better than what I can do in 3-4 hours

1 Like

This looks amazing, Keep up the good work.

Ngl this would take me at least one month to make. :moyai:

4 Likes

This is incredible. Honestly if you made it a little bigger, I woulden’t be surprised to see it on the Bloxy’s!

1 Like

holy crap this is your FIRST post, and you’re already this good???

11/10

it’s beautiful…I’ve been staring at this for five hours now ( more like 30m but you get the idea)

1 Like

The use of PBR/custom materials is nice, but for the sake of being a modeling stickler I would recommend using mesh models for all your non textured cylinders (Plant pots, pipes, ect) and downscaling the sign decal to 1024x for consistency’s sake if you havn’t already.
But meshes can be a bit hard to source, so alternatively, it might be easier to instead replace all the plants (and the bike) with more part-built simple ones instead, and end up with a consistent style that way!

Either way, style consistency aside, the layout isn’t anything to whine about- But also for detail’s sake, you might want to consider replacing the part wires with loose rope constraints, and tilting a few of the window shutter louvers here and there (assuming those aren’t unioned into 1 solid piece already) so that they don’t look as new.

Overall, the build is pretty OK for a scenebuild, but aside from the above concerns, it also wouldn’t hurt to add some clotheslines, and maybe a more dedicated facade for the restaurant that the tables belong to. You might also want to re-union that wall section in the 4th picture (Screenshot_8) to stop the texture from being applied diagonally!

Nice first build, I know mine wasn’t as planned out.

That is very beautiful! Did you make everything is studio? Or did you use a modelling software like blender?

1 Like