First Showcase Help

Hey everyone, I am just now finishing my first building showcase. I am new on this forum, and I wanted to ask you all for suggestions from you varying perspectives on how I could effectively smooth out the final kinks in my project, and advice on what next steps I should be taking. I also would be grateful if any of you could reach out about possible game icon and thumbnails, I would be glad to make an arrangement.

My goals as a builder are so far as follows: be able to satisfy my own vision for a scene/map, and then everyone else is invited. I do however reiterate that suggestions on things like color, composition, detail etc. I will take with high regard, and will greatly appreciate really any input you all might have for me.

Game Link:

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and commenting if you feel like it!

P.S. I understand there may be significant lag, I am still in the process of trying to reduce it, but the project is so far along that I may have to leave that aspect on the back burner for now and just be sure to take more care in my next project.

• oh and let me know if you find the secret area ; )
8 Likes

You got lag. Make your effects client sided only. There is a large amount of data being transferred when there is no apparent action going on. Lighting is also extremely dark so difficult to see the details around you.
Apart from that, it looks really good.

1 Like

How would I go about making the effects client sided only? I am not really a scripter, so maybe this is a problem with what I sorta threw together… I have few effects that are on while true do loops - is it possible this is causing a problem? I have only a few main things that include: bricks changing transparency on a cycle, invisible bricks that change the sound (muffles the rain as you walk through a doorway etc.), and a teleporter to a secret area, and something that resets all of the sounds to default when the player resets character…

Also maybe its just Future lighting ^^ :l

Mainly by using “local scripts”. Try avoiding while true loops whenever possible(adds alot of unnecessary processing power).

Is the secret room the restaruant inside the garage with the car?

Nope haha its a bit more obscure. I’ll give you a hint, there’s a clue in the house in the courtyard behind the alleyway.

1 Like