First time DevEx can be BC/TBC

The reason I say this is because that way when we are able to DevEx we can buy OBC with the money we just made. This should only be allowed on your first DevEx.

Get a month of OBC
Why should I downgrade my current BC membership to OBC and get less days? What if I had a 6 year BC membership? Another scenario could be that they don’t make money in the first place. I personally only get money at Christmas or my Birthday as there is no jobs currently around me.

In all, it would greatly help.

ROBLOX wants to make it so you don’t require any form of subscription to make money from a game. When this is a feasible concept you can expect it to be available.

So before long, anyone will be able to DevEx regardless of membership? If so this is great news, one step closer to considering DevEx’in a job.

I’m not sure there’s any kind of time-scale, it could be 2 years, it could be 10. However, you seem like you’re in a position whereby you do not wish to pay for membership but would like to earn some money from it. If that’s the case you should consider working with somebody using group-games and at a later date buying OBC, cashing out and covering the original money you put in for OBC.

I believe the main reason why it’s OBC only right now, is to control the flow of DevEx requests. If you want to DevEx, but you’re BC, you have to basically pay a $14 processing fee, so they can pay dedicated people to look into the DevEx request.

That’s a little pricey still, if it was £5 that would be acceptable. If they were to say ‘We’re taking £7 of your DevEx for processing’ (so I’d lose £7 from my DevEx) that would be okay as the cost is coming out of the DevEx and I’m not paying it from my wallet straight away.

Actually it’s not that I just don’t want to pay for it, it’s because I can’t afford it. Group games are no good either because I’m currently in 10 groups and the NBC limit is 5. I have to join a group to even receive the funds in the first place. If we could profit share on normal places, tie already existing games to group games, profit share people outside the group. This would then be a really good option.

Other than that, I can only hope that DevEx’in doesn’t require any membership as you said (SoonTM) To me this is the biggest draw back of seeing ROBLOX as a ‘full time job’ especially for new Devs. I have to pay money, to make money from my own hard work.

For most game engines, there is a license fee for developing with the software and making commercial products. I see OBC as a sort of license for making “commercial” ROBLOX games with their engine and platform. 350$ for lifetime OBC or 20$ a month for such an accessible and huge platform is quite nice compared to for example CryEngine which is 10$ a month and full license for unlisted prices, and that is much harder to use than the ROBLOX engine and does not have any built-in framework for networking/multiplayer games. Although it does have more features, but realistically there’s a low chance to get a game on the market that will make you money with that engine.

(Not saying that I’m against removing the “fee”, just my interpretation of it.)

[quote] For most game engines, there is a license fee for developing with the software and making commercial products. I see OBC as a sort of license for making “commercial” ROBLOX games with their engine and platform. 350$ for lifetime OBC or 20$ a month for such an accessible and huge platform is quite nice compared to for example CryEngine which is 10$ a month and full license for unlisted prices, and that is much harder to use than the ROBLOX engine and does not have any built-in framework for networking/multiplayer games. Although it does have more features, but realistically there’s a low chance to get a game on the market that will make you money with that engine.

(Not saying that I’m against removing the “fee”, just my interpretation of it.) [/quote]
[strike]What about Unreal Engine 4’s stance of paying 5% after your game succeeds, could something like this exist on the DevEx program?[/strike] Also, if you break down OBC you’ll see that really. Chances are, you won’t be utilizing everything (e.g. create 100 groups? join 100 groups? 100 places?) OBC is great for game development but when you compare it to BC, they all do the same thing development wise.
[center]
The only things that make a difference is the places, groups and daily R$

There is literally, no difference in BC,TBC or OBC development wise. You won’t get any more profit the market place is a flat out 70% between all 3. The only development reason boils down to buy OBC is to know you can cash out and you can make a huge selection of 100 games but at most you’d probably be using no more than 25 places.

I’ve glanced over at a lot of OBC Devs and noticed they are at most, using 4-10 the same as normal BC.

Back in 2013 lifetime BC and TBC members were allowed to cash out, I exactly remember on the DevEx page.

I also want to apologize if you struggle to read my posts, I really try to think them out. Especially with this thread it can be very difficult to express my thoughts and things that lay inside my head.
[/center]

Nah, that would be weird because they can just modify the rates at which DevEx occurs if they even wanted to implement that. (e.g. 100kR$ = 237.50$, and this is very weird to begin with because we already get a 30% market fee on everything we do.) It should either stay the way it is so that only OBC can cash out or they should just remove that requirement entirely IMO, it shouldn’t become more complicated than it is right now.

They made it very clear that that only lasted until 2014.