First Time Doing UI!

Hey fellow developers!! I’m a GFX designer, but decided to try ROBLOX UI for the first time, and actually thinking of opening commissions for them!! For the style, I decided to go for a modern- simplistic vibe!! This was a practice UI to see what I can do!!

The icons are not made by me!! I give full credit to the owners who made them!!

Anyways, I’m hoping to look for some feedback on these designs so I can improve. Do you think I’m ready to open up or start commissions with UI? Let me know what you think!! Feedback and criticism are much appreciated!!

22 Likes

You did a Great Job for the UI. :+1:

5 Likes

Did you use PS for the UI? Great UI btw! (Also why u spammin “!”’s?

2 Likes

Looks amazing considering you just started. I’d recommend that you add some more light grey areas and some more highlights in the UI. Looking great though, can’t wait to see what you accomplish in the near future! :grin:

1 Like

nice, its great if its your first time lol no flaws.

but i dont think its your first time, you even made a ui pack before so yea

1 Like

Really like the style of this.

It looks simplistic, yet funcional. Doesn’t overwhelm the player with flashy pink/blue/yellow/red/green backgrounds. It’s clear that the main focus of the UI is to stay clean, easy to navigate, and functional.

Only things I would change:

• I noticed misaligned text in the Store UI

Notice the green lines, and the way the text is aligned. It’s slightly lower down at the 2X Coins.

• The way the bootstrap switches look. Although this is more of a personal preference and they do fit with the other buttons, the rounded rectangle look seems really strange. I’d unify the look – the circle doesn’t match with the rectangular part. Try changing either of those to look more like the other (e.g. change the circle to a rectangle).

• The profile page could look better if some of the text stood out, maybe making some of the text bold and keeping some of it normal. This is what I mean: “Last Visited: 12 minutes ago” OR “Last Visited: 12 minutes ago

Also, is this really your first time making UI? What about your asset pack?

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback, this will definitely help me improve!!

Nice. This is better than my first UI. xD
Keep up the good work. :+1:t5:

1 Like

I think the white and black colors contrast too much. Try changing the black to grey and see how that looks.

2 Likes

Great job! For the first time this is incredible! keep up the great work!

1 Like

For your first time doing UI, this is really good. Although, I suggest you make the black to grey like as @Crazedbrick1 said. It just looks too dark.

1 Like

that’s very nice, I would suggest you to add more defined parts to the buttons or the titles to add some highlights since the black and white contrast is high. maybe try some grey or just lighter colors. other than that, keep up the great work.

2 Likes