First Time Making Clothing!

Hi Everyone! I dunno why but I just straight up decided to try making clothing. I tried it before but gave up cuz I felt like it took way too long. Here’s what I worked on! It took me both in total about 3 hours. Is the amount of time how long you all spend or is it way longer?

10 Likes

I never really made much clothing in the past but the shirt and pants look pretty nice!

5 Likes

This is your first time?! Wow! You did a really good job. Don’t worry about how long it takes, over time you will get faster so don’t stress about it rn. The only thing I can point out is the shading, it looks kind of clumpy. Other than that, Great job!

3 Likes

Very good for first time! The pants have no shading compared to the shirt, it looks a little strange the more I look at it

2 Likes

pretty nice. only thing i have to say is that that the button slots and buttons don’t look like buttons, the badge doesn’t look like a badge, you need you clothing to be smoother, and yeah

1 Like

Looks awesome! I hope you create more clothing in the future

1 Like

Really good! Although, I feel like you should make more noticable shading and wrinkles. A popular shading method is box shading like this:

But I wouldn’t use black. It’s better to use a darker version of the color, but if you do use black, make the blending mode “overlay.” It should look something like this afterwards:

There are lots of tutorials on youtube and even here on the Devforum. They’re great for learning new techniques!

I even have one of my own. I haven’t posted on there in a hot minute, but it’s still a popular tutorial.

I also noticed that (correct if I’m wrong) you tried shading under the collar. It’s too dark. Make sure to lower the opacity on shading so it doesn’t look like the clothing is stained.
Screenshot_20211020-212852~2

Like this:
Untitled382_20211020213513
(I also blurred the shading, which I personally think makes it look better.)

3 Likes

Hahah, I had quite a hard time shading… Thank you very much!

1 Like

Thank you! I may not be but eh. Fun To try around. Thank you once again!

Yea. The shading… Lol I had a hard time with it. Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes