First Try At A DCO

Heyo! Soaring back at it again haha, so anyways I attempted to make a difficulty chart obby, its a Long Jump obby, there are 13 stages, because it is a stage per difficulty chart obby. I made the whole game within 1 day, about 4 hours, although there was extra time took (around 3 days maybe im not sure) because of the scripting, s/o to @HappyLemonzYT for that [Awesome scripter, and person overall, one of the only girl developers I have worked with :eyes:]
Anywaysss Id like some feedback on my difficulty chart obby, anything I can do to improve it, or anything I can do in my future games, yes there are bugs such as the stage selector and the scripter is working on that as we speak, and players can collide, which im not sure how to fix, anyone got a fix?

Anyways here is the obby, i will be in the obby for around 15 minutes and reading posts on here, thanksss
https://www.roblox.com/games/6214285022/Soarings-Long-Jump-Per-Difficulty-Chart?refPageId=db214592-b78e-4b6f-9564-823c9e0b91f2#

3 Likes

Hey, as a DCO creator myself I can tell you that a long jump per difficulty is very lazy. All you need to do is space the checkpoints out differently. Try making a real obby and you will get better feedback.

4 Likes

Umm first of all I agree with @Aiomab . And there’s no global leader board for the highest scorer . But there is a leader board for donations. So if you a global leader like you did for the donators but instead of donators , add a player leader board which shows the top scorers .

top scores for what? its a difficulty chart obby, and i asked several people on what I should put in that area and they said a donation area with a leaderboard, etc

I take this VERY harshly, i put a lot of time into the dco, i create for fun, and i wanted to start small, as it is my first one, and I like doing long jumps/high jumps, and wallhops next I will do, I like having a bunch of games instead of a big one, as I dont like updating games because it makes things break, I like instead just making a game and releasing it

As for the feedback that you said what do you mean by the checkpoints spaced out differently? it makes no sense

And “try making a real obby” It was a real obby, you need to understand that not everyone starts out with a huge game that gets million of visits and is super long, like you. I take this harshly as I put a lot of time into that game, everything is custom scripted, and i focused on not making super long and not good looking, I like making short things that look very good and have style. Please consider not instantly insulting someone without knowing their past, that hurt man.

-Soaring
1 Like

Oh, it wasn’t meant to insult. I just can’t call it a game at all more than a practice place for something if all you do is copy paste recolor checkpoints. I never said anything about obby size. Plenty of obbies I play peak at 5 players at once. If you believe a post breaks the forum rules then you should flag it also rather than just publicly posting on the topic that you don’t like it.

3 Likes

Like i said, i didnt want to go all out on my first obby, i wanted to start small with something easy to grasp the ropes of the difficulty chart scene, and i like smaller projects that take like one day or so and that you dont update except to fix bugs because its hard for me to think of new updates for an obby. anyways, about many obbys you play peak at 5 players, im the same, those obbys are the best, and I chose to make a long jump obby as I like doing those myself, its an interesting concept, that i have not nearly seen as many dcos focusing on that concept rather than wrap around difficulty charts for example. with this small game, i wanted to figure out how my style was going to be, and i have achieved that goal, it was a first project to get the ropes, and yes, it is a practice place, and so is every single game on roblox, including your games. you gain more experience and knowledge when you do anything.

1 Like