First UI Feedback

Hey! My name is camveyy, I’m a builder on the ROBLOX platform. Recently, I’ve been interested in starting to design UIs! I found using Photoshop super complicated (without lessons, might take lessons in the future), so I resorted to other services! Below is my first UI(s) ever, and I really want feedback on it. They are for an ordering center (graphics).

UIs

I used Vectr and Pixlr to edit them (Pixlr not so much, just to add a few touches). I’m open to any feedback, as I really want to start making them! Also, if you can recommend some helpful tutorials and/or tutors, that would be amazing! :smiley:

6 Likes

They look great especially for them only being your first ones. Good job! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks good for a first timer. Great job on them.

They look nice for your first time, I also recommend using Canva, which is a very good and easy to use editor! (I started Graphic design with it)

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll be sure to check it out!

Thank you so much! 30 chars

1 Like

Not bad for a first timer. No more empty compliments, I’ll get to the criticism now. I’m not exactly a professional UI designer but I’ve designed some UIs before so I’m technically an experienced UI designer :sunglasses:

• You shouldn’t overlay distracting effects/gradients on the texts, it makes the text harder to read. What you should’ve done is just choose one color for the text.
  • Be consistent with your fonts. It just looks messy and conflicts with one another.
  • Check out feedback colors. The “Are you sure…” text on the second UI for example, it’s blending too well with the color of the background that the players might just overlook it.
  • Improve your aesthetic. Well how do you say it… just be consistent with the style you are choosing. Some inconsistencies includes the drop shadows on the large text that seems to contradicts the more clean and pop style/palette of the background and buttons. The black outline on the emojis that contradicts the white outlines on everything. The wonky and fun text that contradicts the more serious and luxurious font on the ‘vacant’ text. And the purchase button that has a darker background and a more neon text that contradicts the ‘go back’ button that has a lighter background with a darker text.
1 Like

Wow wow wow! I have actually never thought of any of this, thank you so much! I’ll be sure to include this in my future work. Again, thank you! :DD

Look’s good for a start but if your looking to designing ui’s in roblox you should make things less bulky like make only 1 white round box instead of 10 different colored one’s.

Thanks, I’ll be implementing this in my future work. <3

Wow these look really good, when i started they weren’t edited they just were plain buttons. I recommend using paint . net there are tutorials on YouTube to get the original version don’t go on any unsafe link though.

2 Likes

Got any other websites to suggest? :eye: :lips: :eye:

Thanks! 30chars

For you first time making user interfaces, I think you did a great job on these UIs.

^ For this user interface, I would recommend on that text “Are you sure your order is correct” to be white instead of red. Also for “All sales are final!”, maybe make it slightly bigger and bolder.

^ For these two user interfaces above, for the “Vacant”, I would say you change it to the font on the confirmation UI. I’m referring to the text on the confirmation user interface where it says “All sales are final!”. Overall, these UIs look great for your first time. :+1:

2 Likes

That is amazing! That’s even your first time and you already make so good ones! Keep up the amazing work!

2 Likes

They look great! Though, they are a bit hard to read and interpret.

I really love the shine but combined with a white outline on a pastel background, it can be very hard on the eyes. I’d suggest a slightly darker or maybe a double outline - A darker blue or something for the inner outline, then a white outline around that, so regardless of the background the text is always readable.

There are also a few issues with centering the text, especially on the “Go back” and “Purchase” UI - I notice that the text is not properly centered to the rounded background UIs - I can see what you were going for on that, but as a still image I would recommend not rotating or de-centering the text, and leaving it for post-design scripting to have it rotate on it’s own on an animated axis!

I would also recommend keeping text consistent throughout the concepts - it gives off a more final or clean feel, as well as drop-shadows only descending on the y-axis! But, honestly, they look fine as is and especially for a beginner are great! Keep it up dude! :heart:

Thanks! I’ll keep this in mind.