Fix and De-conflict Terms in AnimationTrack:GetMarkerReachedSignal

As a Roblox developer, I would like to see fixed/clearer documentation for AnimationTrack:GetMarkerReachedSignal.

To keep this to the point:

• The parameter for the method is the name of the KeyframeMarker. This is a relatively niche instance and although it is hyperlinked, I think there should be a disclaimer that this is not the same as a Keyframe.
  • The documentation currently reads:

For example, if an Animation has three keyframes named “EmitParticles,” the connected event returned by this function will fire each time one of these keyframes is reached.

• This is not true, because the parameter of the method is a string corresponding to the KeyframeMarker - not the Keyframe that the KeyframeMarker may (or may not) correspond to. While this Signal may fire each time a KeyframeMarker with the name passed to the method is reached, it will not do so for the Keyframe. Referencing back to the first point, these terms should be explicitly deconflicted as they are very easy to confuse and mix.

TL;DR Keyframe and KeyframeMarker need to be functionally deconflicting within the documentation, which mixes the terms incorrectly. Additionally, I think a disclaimer of sorts would be helpful, highlighting to developers that the method refers to one and not the other.

3 Likes