Fix Roblox Not Opening BitDefender users only

Ok so since this version roblox hasn’t been opening for users with bit defender anti virus

To fix this you need to go to your bit defender app/dashboard (In administrator)–> Protection then where it says Advanced threat Defense click open then settings the manage exceptions. Now find the path where the roblox AppPlayer is located I think it is here:

C:\Users\UserNameHere\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-faaebc838e2e45f6

Copy that put it into exceptions and make sure there is a blue tick under Advanced Threat Protection. Your roblox should now work.

I hope roblox fix this soon as it’s gonna be a pain redoing this every update

8 Likes

It’s this

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-57e2dd886e0e42a5

also why not install the BitDefender anti virus? I used Microsoft Defender and it worked fine for roblox

1 Like

Version IDs chamge with updates.

1 Like

I know, but I haven’t been getting any updates recently

1 Like

I don’t know bitdefender. Everyone is talking about this but I’m not having issues I guess. Can you explain the incident if you want?

1 Like

BitDefender is a Romanian AntiVirus company

1 Like

Thank you for explaining the app!

1 Like

I only explained it in 6 words yet you appreciate it???

I always use a kind reply-way for helpful people! You spent time to reply my question and you were the only one that replied. Sometimes they think I’m a bot because of being too formal while explaining scripts. But I just appreciate the nice people and trying a good forum member. And thank you again for replying😄

I use the Kaspersky antivirus.

Does roblox work for you then?

1 Like

yh kaspersky is fine. bitdefender uses more of your pc resources i think

1 Like

Hello @hya123456h,

Thanks for your topic. I knew that fact, but whatever, thanks for giving us a solution!

After all, I have to note something. Some people open Roblox as an administrator. When you open Roblox as an administrator for the first time, it’ll reinstall Roblox at this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Roblox\Versions\version-faaebc838e2e45f6

For some people, executing Roblox as an administrator can result to performances increases by rising the priority of the program.

It’s been 3 years I’m using Bitdefender™ and I know a little bit how the “Advanced Threat Defense” works. This isn’t forcely true, but infact, if you can’t open Roblox, it’s probably because in the new files and code of Roblox, Bitdefender™ consider an element as an “exploit”, causing the app not opening. I don’t think it’s Roblox’s fault, but Bitdefender™ should release a patch for it too.

Best regards,

@Vikko151

3 Likes