Fix the frontpage, Games on popular tab are not showing the correct playercount / duplicate games

So i was scrolling in the popular tab and noticed that there were 2 ragdoll engine games, one had 19.3k players and the other one had 8.7k.

I thought there was a new or duplicate game since the playercount way completely different so i went to check it out.

Apparantly, the playercount for the 20k players game was 8.7k and they were both the same exact game.

Everytime i refresh the page, the 20k players game shows up, yet the playercount should be 8.7k as it says when you click on the game.

The frontpage has a lot of issues and i really want those issues to be fixed, it is very frustrating for devs as issues like these are taking away possible spots for their new popular games.

I have also noticed that there are tons of games with under 100 players, i have even seen a game with 6 players beat my 4.5k players game on the popular section. (WHY?)

All of these issues are holding off spots for new popular games or actual popular games with over 4000 players.

13 Likes

Just to be clear, That bug exists along time ago… even though its didn’t ever got fixed by Roblox…

3 Likes

I thought I was the only person having this. I looked into a number of games, and their “playing” stats don’t seem to match at all. Also I don’t if it’s just me, but sometimes If look into the servers, I only get one person shown even though its clearly more than that.

1 Like

This might not be a glitch (but it could also equally be a broken mechanic)…

Other scenario

Their is a difference between “most playing” and “popular”. By definition popular means “liked or admired by many people or by a particular person or group” but this doesn’t mean that it has to be ordered. Any game which fits that definition should technically appear, irregardless of whether or not it has the most people playing on the platform.

So whereas games like Adopt Me and Tower of Hell might be the two most active games right now, it might just get other benefits such as:

• preferential treatment in the popular tab, they appear earlier in the row system.
  • appearing on the first row.

Example Application of why you might see certain games (snapshot from popular tab):

• Vehicle Legends is likely popular amongst car fans.
  • Rise of Nations, it has 459 people but its popular amongst people who play strategy games for its unique mechanics.
  • Restaurant Tycoon 2, popular amongst tycoon players.

:man_shrugging: Who knows if Roblox actually broke the mechanic or adopted a new mechanic.

2 Likes

So from what I heard (Take it with a grain of salt), but Roblox does this on purpose to try and prevent Botted games. I’m not sure how it’s supposed to be none the less it needs to be fixed.

Also I’m on Mac and this occurs.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Please note that filling a bug report does not guarantee that it will be fixed once triaged.

2 Likes

I found two duplicated games on the same web page in the same sort