[FIXED] All types of Builders Club Memberships Transferred to Turbo Builders Club Visually

We as a community confirmed it is visual, also roblox doesn’t save credit cards.

2 Likes

I’m surprised theres such an uproar as well, i would have assumed most would understand its a visual glitch as going to your settings you’re able to see your membership level, it’s just falsely displaying an icon.

I freaked out about this because I have OBC, was gonna contact Roblox Support but thankfully I checked here and the Roblox reddit and found this, phew haha! I was confused because my membership said Outrageous still in the Builders Club section as others pointed out lol. This is quite a big bug! I think this is a big enough bug to announce on the website unless it gets fixed within the next hour or so since it’s been several hours and the bug still exists.

2 Likes

Hopefully this bug is fixed soon and an official explanation is given.

Why do we need an explanation? This bug practically effected nobody, since it is purely visual. No one lost purchases. No one gained anything. It’s such a meaningless bug and when it’s fixed everyone will feel better just by that.

2 Likes

An explanation would be helpful though so we can understand what caused this to happen. I get it’s not as serious as bugs such as the commission bug giving users thousands of robux, but still

1 Like

Well, it’s just a very odd bug and it could be misleading to those unaware of it… Would make sense to give details to those who are interested.

Why would we need to know how it happened? Once it is fixed, it’s fixed. No harm done.

Once it’s fixed the only details we need to know is that it’s fixed. We never get to know exactly what caused bugs. The extent of what we will be told is that there was a bug in the system, what it caused, when it was discovered, and when it was fixed. This is all info we will already know without a statement.

Whether or not it seems like it, making the statements they do takes work, and the Roblox staff could spend their time on more important things than that. How would a statement help you, given that the only info we ever get is what I said above?

1 Like

There are a few reasons that a statement would be good here:

1. Players who do not understand what is going on (probably most players that noticed, especially kids) likely think that their membership actually changed. This is a membership that costs money – getting it for free or losing some of it is both a big deal, especially when it happens to everyone. No one actually had a change in membership, but lots of players don’t know that!
  2. While this appears to be just a display bug, we have no idea what caused it – there may be deeper non-display issues. A statement allows Roblox to assure us that they are handling their membership and billing data in a safe manner. Additionally, an explanation as to how this was caused does even better for that assurance.
  3. A statement can quiet down everyone saying “what if Roblox is going to combine all the memberships?”
  4. An oversight that allows a bug like this through could lead to other bugs that may do more damage. To be fair, we have already seen bugs of that sort recently! An explanation as to what happened and an explanation of how Roblox will avoid it in the future assures its customers that Roblox will remain a safe platform to play on and develop for.

This bug is worse than a minor, obscure display issue, but not as bad as data loss or access to other developers’ games’ settings. This is a bug that affected every player on the site in a prominent manner that involves a paid-for service. Even if it’s just a display bug, that’s the sort of bug you make at least a small statement about.

8 Likes

It’s fixed.

10 Likes

I don’t understand how they simply messed it up, right now i have BC instead of TBC and im supposed to have a 3 month OBC

1 Like

I don’t see how that’s possible since this was only a visual bug.

2 Likes

See above. Note the timestamp

1 Like

This thread has been trimmed, for everyone that had their post hidden, please consider:

• Do not post memes or reaction images in bug reports.
  • Do not use bug reports as a chat room. Short responses and casual conversation don’t belong here. It makes the thread hard to get through for engineering staff.
  • Do not respond unless you have new information to add. If someone has already said the same thing that you want to say, leave a Like on that post and move along.
  • Do not post information impulsively. Check carefully before posting that it was caused by the bug.
  • Do not veer off-topic.

(Your post may have been hidden too if you were replying to one of the above to maintain logical flow of the thread.)

Please private message me if you have any questions.

14 Likes

Change the name to something other than Com#. That should fix your issue.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.