{FIXED} Premium Purchase Not Working on Windows 10 App

Issue

Whenever I attempt to purchase Premium using the Windows 10 app, I’m always given back an error message that says the purchase can’t be completed. This is problematic for Robux users who rely on certain Microsoft-exclusive payment methods (i.e. Microsoft Store gift cards) and can’t spend money anywhere else.

The same does not occur when I buy Robux; I am directed straight to the account verification procedure.

How to Reproduce

1. Log into your account; you have to be able to get Premium for your account for this to work.
  2. Press the Builders’ Club logo on the top-right of the window.
  3. Choose any tier of Premium; the issue is not limited to any one level.
  4. Enjoy your cursorily-designed dialogue box!

Theory

I believe a source of this problem could be the lack of defined Premium membership options on a manifest file that has listing information of products you could buy (you’ll need to mess with file permissions and UAC to read the file for yourself):

<U+202A>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ROBLOXCORPORATION.ROBLOX_2.401.10853.0_x86__55nm5eh3cm0pr\Managers\Debug-WindowsStoreProxy.xml

File Contents

If you look inside, you’ll find that there is no ProductId that mentions Premium anywhere in the XML file! This is evidence that this bug is caused by Roblox forgetting to fix the metadata. It’s also plausible that Microsoft didn’t yet license Premium on their payment system.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

5 Likes