[FIXED] TerrainPainter - Fast terrain painting tool with perlin noise

Make sure to update to the latest version, there was a bug causing this to break on release

I made a tool lets you use noise to paint terrain materials, with a whitelist too and an option to specify roughness(steepness) parameters

The noise is optional and if you turn it off(set threshold to 0) it just acts as a normal paint tool. This makes large scale terrain painting a lot easier for me than roblox’s, and I’m giving it to you guys for free! Here are some demos of what it can do

97 Likes

Perfect timing! I was considering to make something like this for my project in progress, but now I don’t have to. I realize that lately you’ve been very busy with the new plugins. Always happy to see your creations. Keep up the great work!

4 Likes

i am excited to use this but unfortunately just ran into an issue.

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem to work, what am I missing here?

3 Likes

@EpicC4Troll I fixed this and it works fine for me, so it shouldn’t happen… I’ll take another look at it in a bit

2 Likes

@EpicC4Troll @IrishStukov

Updated the plugin with the fix. Should work now

3 Likes

This looks revolutionary for terrain work. Excited to use it.

2 Likes

Fantastic work on this plugin! It makes the game design workflow much better!

3 Likes

There is already a built-in tool for that in studio (i cant show you because I got banned for a day)

2 Likes

While technically you are correct,
the purpose of this plugin is to be the exact same. But with extra quality of life features such as having an option to not paint over any terrain material rather than just water like in the defualt.
Aswell as more options but im not gonna copy the post.

2 Likes

No, studios terrain tool is a bit slower, has a smaller radius, doesn’t support noise for material painting, or steepness parameters

1 Like

i will try it out (i cant right now cuz I got banned for a day)

2 Likes

Super clean plugin, works like a charm!!!

3 Likes

New favorite plugin. Nice work!! Makes pipelines and algorithms easier.

2 Likes

Didnt work first time i downloaded. works now. Do you have a tutorial on what each slider means? and effects you like to do?

edit: wow this is a pretty cool effect easily painted!