Fixes to character movement and physics

We just released changes to how the character motion is computed internally (under PGS only). We thoroughly tested it and expect it doesn’t affect the the correct behavior. Let us know if you see anything unexpected. Things to watch out for:

• character motion is different while picking up tools
  • character motion is different with accoutrements
  • character jumping or falling feels different
33 Likes

I noticed that characters jumping into water sometimes fall in the water with no way of holding space until you hit a surface.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed this too, but this has been an issue before this fix came out. This has been an issue for about a month now.

4 Likes

It was changed so that users can no longer “jump” underwater while swimming. Unrelated to this.

1 Like

Is there a way so that you can enable jumping while underwater swimming?

I only put like 20 studs of water on my map where you fight in ships and it gets kinda annoying if your ship sinks and when you hit the water with a bit of speed you instantly fall through the map.

3 Likes

Water should probably damp velocity aside from the acceleration due to swimming – energy is lost displacing it after all.

3 Likes

Well we still fall straight through the water very fast, given that the water is 20 studs deep. You would think you start to slow down.

Yes, that was what I was referring to with velocity damping.

You could probably fix this by adding an invisible brick about a stud higher than the end-off of the water.

4 Likes

You are a genius!

Thank you so much for this idea.

1 Like