Fixing issues with phone number account security

A few weeks ago I ran into a problem that I’m not sure if the ROBLOX staff was aware of or not. Well, more so of an annoyance than a terrible problem.

The issue
The problem I discovered was when using the “Phone Number” in account security. The issue with this to be frank is being unable to verify or add a number to my account.
Add%20Phone
Now, this problem is interesting to me for a few reasons, let me list them below.

1. You can’t verify with your number if someone else already has.
  2. You can verify your number once.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind the second so much, but it becomes a bit of an issue for parents adding their number onto their child’s accounts or like in my case when you obtain a new phone number from a different provider they end up being a recycled local number.
So in a nutshell at this point I cannot have my number removed from the other user’s account, however it giving me the option to login to their account and reset their password is a little concerning. Someone would just need to use my phone and either reset the password or link up their account using my cellular number.
Phone%20error
Now in a way this is a little disconcerting from my viewpoint, however I’m certain using the account pin and two step verification helps prevent such issues. Regardless of the matter being unable to unlink a number from an account you don’t own is a little irritable

Essentially this would just help a bit more from a perspective of unwanted accounts being linked to a number, as well as possibly helping parents with verifying multiple children of theirs due to their children’s lack of owning a phone.

I appreciate the time put into reading this, thanks.

21 Likes

that’s happening with me too. my phone number is added to a random account that i have never seen before

6 Likes

I had this same issue, then upon trying to add a new phone number, I’ve constantly been getting this error message for the past two days:

‘You have entered the incorrect code too many times.’

I have no idea how to fix it… I’ve used different browsers and even tried using different devices. This is really frustrating because I have no way of adding extra security to my account. Has anybody experienced this / found a solution?

11 Likes

I have been experiencing this. This is a real pain because I cannot access the Spatial Voice beta, since I need to verify a phone number to my account.

6 Likes

Same. I originally tried this to access the spatial voice beta as well… I seriously hope there’s a solution out there.

3 Likes

Me too after I waited 4 days I got acces the 2nd time but I did not get an SMS at all.

4 Likes