Flat Fee VIP servers

I saw this post recently and wanted to talk better about this and how could I implement such feature into my game.

I need some help, so I do want this as a feature in ROBLOX itself, but with the release of free vip servers alot of possibilities have been opened with vip servers.

Example: Recently I was thinking about this on twitter about jailbreak changing their vip server prices. And i talked about how it might be possible for that to happen because you could “convert” old vip servers that were paid into new vip servers which would be free, but you would have to unlock using tokens which you might buy…

You would use a data store / data store service to get that data. I know VIP servers have their own ID. So I was wondering if you these ID’s ever RESET. Because if they do this idea is pretty much scraped.

I wanted to reproduce this flat fee by having a system where developer products would be used and then the vip server is actually “free”. But you don’t have access to it unless you pay a fee for it. Then you can make it available for this user to unlock their vip server and stuff. The only limitation is how many vip servers you have, so i believe it doenst really matter if you need a specific private server Id since really, the same user can only have 1 at a time. So instead of paying 200 ROBUX every month, they could pay 1200 and keep it forever. It would depend on player choice obviously. Maybe you could borrow a vip server… Huh? Maybe you could buy days instead of months, or maybe weeks, or forever. That’s the biggest reason I am excited for the use of FREE vip servers, it brings flexibility for the developer and the player to have their own prices. What do you guys think?

This can be implemented via the following functions

MarketPlaceService:PromptProductPurchase()
TeleportService:TeleportToPrivateServer()
TeleportService:ReserveServer()

4 Likes

I know. My question is “Do Private VIP Server IDs reset?”.

I’m not really sure on that fact

1 Like