Date First Experienced: 15/2/24
Date Last Experienced: 21/2/24

Reproduction Steps:

1. Create a blender mesh, a square or a rectangle
  2. Set any axis of the mesh to 0 X/Y/Z
  3. Import the mesh into Roblox Studio

Examples Provided Below:

This is a flat mesh that will break when imported into the studio

when imported into the studio it will not contain its size property, if scaled down the collision of the mesh will be near the center of the mesh similar to a special mesh when placed under a part.

Map inside of blender;

Map inserted into Roblox Studio with Rotation & Scale applied, origin set to 3D Cursor as well as unticking resize mesh.

The error occurs with FBX files for me, I have yet to test any other file format, however, FBX is preferred.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/exporting-a-large-fbx-map-has-parts-with-weird-sizes

Expected Behavior: The mesh should be the same size as I import it like the rest of the map, despite any of the axis being 0 as a scale or Roblox should resize it to be a scale such as 0.001 but have no texture on either side aka invisible like a double-sided mesh with it’s double-sided property unchecked.

Actual Behaviour: The mesh does not contain its size property and will size up until the side which is 0 as a scale is not 0 aka 0.0001. The collision of the mesh will only be the original size which was in Blender, but it will look as if it is much larger. The mesh will also not render if looked at it from an angle.

Did you use the 3D importer? There should be a box to reverse the triangles under File Geometry

I imported it via assets directly as an FBX. Roblox does not support parts with a scale of 0.

Hello,

We tried to reproduce this, but were unsuccessful. We tried both a plane and cube with 0 object scale on an axis as well as 0 vertex data scale on an axis.

Could you attach an FBX that has this issue? That would help figure out what’s going on.

All the best

1 Like

Did you make sure to uncheck the box to resize the mesh, for me when I do that it will resize it, as Roblox doesn’t support size 0, so it will size it until the side which is 0 is at 0.001 or something like that, which causes the other axes to size up.

Here is the blender file I use, to reproduce follow these steps while exporting.

1. Select all objects with A
  2. Head to File > Export > FBX (.fbx)
  3. On the right tab for export settings set Include > Limit to Selected Objects
  4. Set Transform > Scale to 0.01
  5. Save the FBX file and import the file from the game asset manager.
  6. Make sure to not resize the model and apply the location, uncheck any other boxes.
  7. Some of the meshes should be sized way too large, you can compare to the road

blender_example.blend (1.9 MB)

Hello,

The test case showed where an issue was in the code. This has been fixed, but won’t be released till one of the next versions. Here is an import that used to be broken (with large meshes)

1 Like

Thank you, could you please drop a reply upon the release of this, thank you so much.

Someone else will update this thread, as my fix wasn’t ideal and the code has been handed over.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.