Flickering on Pixel Slate (Core m3)

This weird flickering appears whenever I start playing any game through the Roblox app installed on my Pixel Slate through the Play Store. (Core m3)

I noticed that the flickering will stop while the Chrome OS interface is active, as shown in the video below.

My Slate is currently on Chrome OS 78 (Beta), but this was also happening on the Stable channel (Chrome OS 77) as well.

I don’t know if this is a Chrome OS related problem as it’s not happening on my OnePlus 7 Pro, which is running Android Pie right now.

3 Likes

This seems like a Chrome OS problem, and definitely not a roblox one. Your computer might also be the cause of the problem. The Pixel Slate has integrated graphics, my theory is the cpu can’t handle the roblox graphics.

Questions:
Have you tried restarting your computer?
Have you tried reinstalling roblox?
What are the specs of your computer?

Yes, yes, and specs.

I doubt it has to do with a hardware limitation as the mobile app is designed to run on even less powerful hardware than the Slate’s. Also, the problem disappears when the Chrome OS interface is visible.

1 Like

Good to know, still seems like a Chrome OS issue, if the problem is ‘fixed’ when a built-in interface comes up.

Found a workaround in the meantime.

If the display scaling is anything other than the default 100%, the problem disappears.

3 Likes