Fling glitch with glider

Hi! i was working on a glider mechanic and i stumble a cross with a glitch.
i tried a few methods to fix it but they didn’t work.

the bug im talking about is this:

it would be so helpful if you guys can help with it <3

1 Like

cancel the glider movement when ur about to hit the ground or sum

Changing the humanoidState to something like getting up should work

Hi! I know this isn’t any help, but I would seriously love to see more footage of this game! It looks awesome! also, I think this is your answer:

what methods did you already try?

currently im trying to add raycast so it can disable the velocity before it hits the ground
i already try to disable ragdoll but it made it even worse so i asume that it happens because players torso hits the ground and THEN velocity gets removed so that makes the player fling, im not sure but ill give it a shot to fix it

Update?
Can i see the snippet of the code that handles when the player is too close to the ground? I think raycasting should do the job and like i already said of chaning the state should also work

i did try to change the state but it made it even worse

And with “Worse” what do you mean “worse”?

it was flinging the player even further

currently im adding hipheight and raycast for it to get fixed

Cant you like anchor the guy, small delay and change the state then? If that doesnt work then i dont know bro, seems logical to me

ye it may work but it will ruin the momentum and smoothness

Then save the momentum somewhere and re enable it

what about the smothness. i want players to master it stunning them mid air won’t be a good idea.

Humanoid:GetPropertyChanged perhaps?

Update?
Is the issue fixed yes or no and did u try making the character massless?

Sorry for the late respond I was kinda busy, when I get back to my pc I’ll finish the raycast and it should fix the glitches (floor fling and wall fling)