Flip/Reflect Part Tool

You have all been there, You build half of something, and need the other half to be exactly the same. The problem? You can’t just do that. You can slowly copy stuff from the half you already built and hope it lines up, but if you build in detail, this is unlikely.

It would be nice if I could take a model and flip it along a plane. I just want to be able to take something and flip it so it looks like a mirror image of whatever it previously was. This would save a lot of those small errors that happen in trying to make the other half of something.

This would make it much easier to build things like a car or an airplane or a building, for you only have to worry about 1 side, you don’t need to get all hung up in the details of moving it. Thanks.

22 Likes

Mirror plugins exist, but not a super robust one.

3 Likes

Specifically, I use this:

Be prepared to manually rotate parts if you rely on specific faces, though (such as with decals or asymmetric CSG parts). Aside from that it’s served me well for about a year now.

10 Likes

It would be so nice if we could mirror Unions :imagine:

4 Likes

Once they do plugin support for PartOperations someone could write a plugin that does that (duplicate, separate, mirror parts, then re-union). CSG operations (particularly Separate) would have to get a lot more reliable, though. As it stands now if you might want to mirror a union it’s best to keep a copy of the original parts to work with.

4 Likes