Floating on low poly terrain

Hello, i wanted to make a low-poly like terrain for my game. I used blender + sculpting tool and then triangulated and decimated the terrain to make it look more “Triangular”. The problem is, everything just floats above the terrain like this:

It looks like this on PreciseConvexDecomposition when i try other options it obviously just floats higher and acts like a square. Is there any solution? I tried playing around with colisionfidelity, the modifiers are applied in blender so thats not the case too. If there is no cure, is there any other way to make a fine low poly terrain?

3 Likes

Split it into small chunks. If I throw my grenade as the baseplate I float. If I throw it at the spawn I go through.

1 Like

Absolutely great advice.

Split it into small chunks. If I throw my grenade as the baseplate I float. If I throw it at the spawn I go through.

I can personally suggest, implement a similar landscape through parts (Alas, this is a time-consuming advice)
You can also try downscaling to make the collision issues less noticeable, but I don’t know if that would work in your case.

Yeah it wouldnt work. I know a plugin that makes triangular terrain by using parts and wedges, but i dont know how would that work performance-wise, I heard that it’s much less efficient than just doing it in blender. I’ll try with splitting the model into small chunks and let you know how that went

You can set the CollisionFidelity to “PreciseConvexDecomposition” In properties usually that fixes anything like this

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.