FloatingXSize and FloatingYSize from DockWidgetPluginGuiInfo do not work

When creating a DockWidgetPluginGui, the FloatingXSize and FloatingYSize provided through the passed DockWidgetPluginGuiInfo do nothing even though the InitialDockState is set to Float. You can see this issue with the provided repro as well as with the built-in Plugin Management widget.

Reproduction File: InitialDockStateFloatingSizeRepro.rbxl (42.6 KB)

1. Download and open the reproduction file in Roblox Studio
  2. Copy the code from the script called ReproductionPlugin in Workspace
  3. Paste the copied code into the command bar and press enter
  4. Observe how the newly created DockWidgetPluginGui does not match the size of the frame inside of it

Expected behavior

I expect the DockWidgetPluginGui to have the size provided by DockWidgetPluginGuiInfo’s FloatingXSize and FloatingYSize when the InitialDockState is set to Float.

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database.

1 Like

Not sure when the fix was made, but I noticed tonight that this bug has been fixed! Here’s what the reproduction for this bug report looks like now:

It does look like FloatingXSize and FloatingYSize include the header and the borders of the widget. Which means the AbsoluteSize of the DockWidgetPluginGui won’t match FloatingXSize and FloatingYSize.

I’m not sure if it’s considered a new bug report or even a new feature request to have the AbsoluteSize of the DockWidgetPluginGui to match FloatingXSize and FloatingYSize. I personally was expecting the AbsoluteSize in the repro to be (300, 400) instead of (298, 276)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.