Flood Escape 2 needs your level making skills!

Hiya!

Been working on FE2 for a while now and have plans to make it the best one yet, and one of the features is that maps wont be bound to a box like the original. This opens up for a lot more design ideas yet a whole lot more work is required. While I’m happy to get a few maps out on my own this would take ages to reach a large amount of maps. So I’m reaching out to you guys if you’d like to have a go at making a map for FE2!

I have released for this:
A video tutorial
(Already outdated but contains some important tips)

A map making kit (Contains written instructions)

An online testing ground to test your map and check for errors (Play this to get a taste of the mechanics too!)

The online testing ground comes with a dedicated debug window made to help make level testing and troubleshooting easy.

I am aiming to reward people who’s maps will make it into the final game (15K Robux) and am looking for a part limit of around 2000 per map.

Let me know if there’s any questions you guys have!

4 Likes

Are meshparts allowed?

Yes, but if you can please use them sparingly (aiming for mobile use too) and only use them if they’re not intended for platforming :smiley:

I could probably make a couple dozen props that remain under 100 triangles, would that be too intensive? I’ve recently done a 100.000 (5 million tris) meshpart stress test and most people got 60 fps.

If it’s just a couple dozen with a relatively low polycount like you mentioned then that would strike a nice balance for the game :slight_smile:

I’m interested, is it important to you what the style / theme of the map is?

Maximum creativity! If you don’t have an idea you can always default to a facility-like theme that Flood Escape has always had, but I would love to see maps of all kinds of themes made, just make sure it’s easy for players to understand where they can and can’t go

Ok, great, I’ll message you if I get something together :+1:

1 Like

What level of quality should the maps be?

Obviously not showcase-level, but also not empty rooms. I’ve included a screenshot of one of the maps I’m working on to give a better idea on how detailed you can make your maps.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.