Flow to create new game in Studio is not convenient enough, add more shortcuts

As a developer it is hard to create a new game in Studio when you already have a populated list of games.

The grid of games attracts my attention away from the side bar due to the game icons and the different sizing of elements, and since it is an interactive grid I expect to see some way to create a game directly from the grid. I haven’t created a new game in a while and it took me ~10 seconds of visual scanning to see the New button.

Additional shortcuts in any list/grid-based layout in Studio to quickly go to the create menu might help me navigate these kind of menus faster, like so for example: (add a grid item that acts as shortcut for “New”)

Another option could be right-clicking on any empty space in the grid to bring up a context menu with actions including creating a new game. There is a context menu for grid items but not for empty space.

10 Likes

Just did the exact same here, took too long before I noticed the “Create new game…” which means the UX design is just not there:

AFAIK the old UI had the create button pointed out in-line / more evidently than this. The current call to actions for creating new places/games is not clear.

Also it is confusing that I’ve gone through creating a new game from a template and then having to assert once again that I would really like to create a new game. Ideally this should have taken me directly to the configuration page for creating a new game.

2 Likes

Look at that, some places in the Studio UI actually do it right!

Please synchronize this design to all other grids. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes