- Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
Two textboxes: one is being focused with a gamepad (i.e. A button), allowing input. Focus is captured. Now the LStick can be used to navigate to another textbox, press A again, capturing focus in that second textbox. The first textbox loses focus. The
FocusLost event is not fired for the first textbox, which is expected.
false though, as expected. Only the event is not being fired.
When using a mouse to switch focus between textboxes instead of a gamepad, the events are all properly fired.
- How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.
Consistently, see repro file below. Repro steps there are to capture focus in the first textbox using a gamepad, notice how the output now spams
first_textbox has focus? true as expected. Select the second textbox using a gamepad, and as a result releasing focus on the first one.
first_textbox has focus? false is now spammed, indicating focus was lost.
focus lost on first_textbox is not printed, so the
FocusLost event was not fired.
- Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.
Live. Repro file: repro3.rbxl (14.4 KB)
- Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.
- For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.
- When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.
- Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.
Tested on Win 10 with a Xbox 360 USB gamepad.