Focusing on a start/end statement should highlight the function/if text

Currently if you click on text it’ll highlight it. I think it’d be super useful if the start/end of that said function or whatnot was also highlighted.

Ex: I double click (or just move my text cursor) on ‘end’. I want the ‘if’ text 2 lines above to be highlighted.

76 Likes

This would be extremely helpful and save so much time, especially for large scripts!

7 Likes

Support. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve had to drag from the start of the function straight downward to find the end. Highlighting would be a great help.

7 Likes

This would be a great use case for allowing more functionality for plugins to influence the script editor. I can imagine not everyone might want this specific solution and some people might prefer to handle this differently, i.e. having a vertical line light up close to the line numbers showing you which section of the code spans that statement, but this would make for a great plugin idea if this was available for plugins to influence.

8 Likes

This is still getting likes. I’d love to see this implemented.

2 Likes

Support! Also going to bump this as I really want this to be added when it comes to function and if statements.

Anyway, having this feature when typing down functions is something crucial and I’m in the middle of working on a lot of functions and “if” statements as I want to remind myself or re-visit some scripts on where the function beings to when it ends in a end. The ability to highlight a strand or block of a certain statement inside a script like function or end will become much easier instead of highlighting one strand and highlight down the row until you find a certain end to the function.

^ Since it’s been months/years, not quite sure but maybe other factors like repeat - until and while true do / while wait() do loops could also work for this feature.

The hassle of locating or possibly ruin the script is by finding the last piece of the function in one of the end which most developers can relate when you have 5+ end in a function/statement.

I’d love for this to be a thing when it comes to scripting, it will be beneficial and comfortable with my workflow and for other developers as well!

1 Like

I 100% agree with this. I think now would be a perfect time to implement this as well, seeing as I’ve been hearing roblox is redesigning the script editor to allow collaboration to be better. When has a better time arose to add a feature like this!

Often my code is several hundred lines long and these statements tend to go off my screen. Being able to easily find them would be a god send, not to mention be of benefit to developers who do not know how to properly space their code.

1 Like