FolderTool Pro (v1.0c3) - Group selected items into a folder

So, we have a Pro version, probably doesn’t line up the best with like 0.4.x naming scheme when the Pro version starts with 1.0c2.

It’s a Canary build, which means its unstable, and you’ll have to fork out 100 Robux.

Here’s just a few changes:

• Code improvements thanks to @cxmeels (the main version won’t get these improvements)
  • Customisable folder names
  • Iteration for folders (toggle probably coming in like 6 years)

No joke this has literally been sitting on my desk for about 4 months at least, all I added is just the iteration today. Hope you guys enjoy! I cannot guarantee that it will receive tons of updates, I don’t use Roblox often anyways now.

https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/12217491940/FolderTool-Pro-Canary

I should also mention that the Pro version is unavailable on both GitHub and Itch, sorry in advance.

I’m also planning to push out an update to Pro that allows you to convert a Folder back to a Model, hope you like it! (now out)

This plugin is now obsolete, well at least the free version is, but will remain on the marketplace. I’m really sorry about this decision. Experiencer :verified:: "Anyone who uses #FolderTool in #Roblox Studio, I'…" - Mastodon 🐘

FolderTool Pro has received an update to version 1.0.1. This update adds compatibility with my new paid access plugin, GroupMe, which will be releasing soon.

Isn’t it already possible to do Ctrl+Alt+G to group instances in a folder and Ctrl+U to remove it out of it?

1 Like

No… that is used for grouping into Models. There is no default keybind to group into Folders.

There is.

@vRaphy that’s not the exact shortcut, but in September, Roblox made grouping stuff into folders much easier.

It’s not listed here, but I’m sure Studio did set a default keybind for grouping into folders

What is it?

Actually, what he stated was right, my mistake lol

view first image

The new command was released on Sep 22nd 2022

Also the keybind is Ctrl+Shift+G

Was this meant as a reply to the posts above? If not, I’m already aware

Yes it was. Also this would have been super helpful pre september if I had known about it. I use Ctrl+Shift+G everyday as folders are better than groups (Easier to move seperate parts) So thanks for contributing this resource as It would have helped alot of people out :smiley:

1 Like

It’s pretty good, but honestly, you can just… CTRL + ALT + G, but the other features are unique so yea they will speed up grouping stuff, so props to that, but overall, very nice plugin

Please again read:

At the time of creating, that shortcut did not exist.

imo none of the free versions features are unique, but the pro version does have some unique features

Version 1.0.2 is available for FolderTool Pro, here’s what’s changed:

• FolderTool place iteration info folder changed

Despite it sounding like a major change, you don’t need to take any action for any existing experiences, it should be done automatically.

Anyways, the place iteration info folder has moved from game.ServerStorage.FolderTool to game.ServerStorage.Plugins.ExperiencersInternational.FolderToolPro. I’m hoping to make things easier by doing this, enjoy!

I don’t get the difference between this and Group as Folder???

Please see the reason why the standard version is obsolete lol, it was made before that option was made an option, and most of the other features from that are available in other plugins such as ReClass.

FolderTool (free version) is no longer available to get for free off the marketplace and FolderTool Pro will be transitioning to become free due to upcoming changes.

I’ve attached a letter I’ve published below on Sharkey to inform users why this is changing: ExperiencersInternational (@experiencer) | Lethal Lava Land

Regarding my plugins on the marketplace

Hello everyone,

As you may know, the Creator Store is moving to USD payments on Monday April 8th. Due to some restrictions, I am unable to offer any of my plugins under the new system so I need to make some changes.

From today (March 6th), I will be making the majority of my plugins free to download. This includes DisableCoreGUIFunctions, GroupMe and FolderTool Pro.

The free version of FolderTool will be discontinued from sale shortly since there is no longer a reason for me to have the free version running.

auroraSuite WILL remain paid for now at the price of 380 Robux however this will not increase for the remaining 33 days on sale. I am currently considering my options on whether to move this plugin to a free model or discontinue sale on the Creator Store.

For the plugins that I am making free today, I promise that even if the restrictions on selling plugins for USD gets lifted, I’ll be keeping these free. I am not prepared to sell my 100 Robux plugins for $4.99 at this present moment.

If you would like to support my work, please check out auroraSuite or leave me a donation.

If you want to stay up to date with my latest work, I have an account on the fediverse at @experiencer@lethallava.land.

Thank you,
GamersInternational (a.k.a. ExperiencersInternational)