Followers, Following, and Requests Tabs Are Incorrectly Titled as "Friends"

Hey y’all!

I recently came across a super-duper minor bug while I was snooping around people’s profiles researching. When you click on their followers/following number…

…it dispalys three (four, “Request” if viewing your own) tabs at the top. But here’s the abnormal thing:

It says “Friends” for the Following, Followers, and Requests tab. The title of the webpage (i.e. on the tabs of your browser) show up incorrectly as “Friends”, too.

More thing to note:

• Happens 100% of the time.
  • Happens with others’ profiles, too, not just your own (of course, minus the requests).
  • This is not an extension issue, as I have disabled all of them just to check.

Thank you for reading!

3 Likes

I’m fairly sure that’s intended — it’s the followers section of the Friends page. It’s referred to like that in several parts of the page:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t consider this a bug since I have been experiencing it for about months now. I think it’s intended on Roblox’s side. Also shouldn’t cause too much confusion for people.

1 Like

True, but you know some people have the urge for everything to be proper.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that it’s inproper since it looks clear to me why friends would be the title since if they were to add a new title they would have to add another tab saying “followers” or something. But you’re absolutely right.

1 Like

I guess you have a point it’s just that the positioning of followers and following is flipped on the user profile page and on the friends tab is reverse.

3 Likes

True, it is kind of annoying. Instead of “Friends”, I think it should be labeled something different, like “User Details” or something along the lines of not singling out any of the tabs. @TheCarbyneUniverse thanks for addressing this! I was a bit surprised to see that no one else had mentioned this on the DevForum before.

1 Like

You do have a valid point there.

But, “Friends” is a pretty specific term, especially on Roblox. There is a friend limit of 200, but followers/following don’t count in that. Plus, by default, your friends can join you in games, not followers/following (unless you change the setting). You can only chat with your friends on the website.

@v0mpir, I do have that kind of belief (esp when it comes to UIs), but not in this instance. Like I said right above, the terminology is strict for friends and followers/following, and they shouldn’t be under the same “Friends” category. It would cause some confusion for newer players. I still think it’s a bug since it’s not using the correct terminology and there is that confusion aspect, too.

This is a 50/50 thing where it’s equally as valid to see this as a bug as to not see it as a bug.

3 Likes