For an alpha game is 1000 RBX entry ok?

I’m thinking about charging 1000 :robux: when my game is released. Not because I want to make a lot of money but because I want very few early players - to help test game dynamics and bugs etc.

I will award the ones that enter a badge “Founding Player of GAME” and maybe give them some kind of permanent upgrade/gamepass.

Does that sound ok to you guys n gals?

1 Like

1000 :robux: sounds like a bit too much Rouge Lineage had it as 250 now 350 and has a good game and got a lot of traction for its good dynamics and story if it is a good game
I would charge like 50-100 as it will be pretty new

3 Likes

No That’s Way to much if you want people to even think about playing your game make it 125 at the most even that’s a bit high

3 Likes

If you were a studio like Dreamcraft, go for it! But… since your probably not (not making assumptions), it’ll be better to go for around :robux_gold: 25 - like Welcome to Bloxburg -. If you make it :robux_gold: 1000, there is a small chance people will buy access.

And if you want to have a small amount of players/testers… hire testers?

1 Like

Look at it from a standard player’s point of view.

To us developers, 1,000R$ might not seem like an awful lot. But how about the people who would be buying your game.

1,000R$ is about £15 to general consumers - would you buy a game on Steam or the Epic Store for £15 to “test” it? Even if you would, would Roblox’s target audience be paying? Probably not. They’re likely going to run to their parents to ask them to pay £15 to “test” a game - will they be up for it? Chances are, no.

1 Like

I mean it’s whatever you want it to be. Do you think your game is worth 1,000 robux? If you are going to do something like a paid beta as well then make sure that costs something sizable like 150 robux. Your players best think it’s worth 1,000 robux to play, that’s around 12 dollars to them.

1000 Robux is only equal to $3.50 USD from what I know

1 Like

if you worked on the game hard , I recommend you to set game price to 100 Robux .

If you buy 1000 robux , you’ll spend 10 $

10 dollars for a game? The platform is based off of little kids who have no finacial income, so 10 dollars is alot. 250-450 is better.

1 Like

Don’t listen to the popular belief lol. You want to snowball your players, take it easy, find bugs and etc. 1k is reasonable, many games did the same.

This isn’t about “how much is the game worth”. It is about how broad of an audience is your game READY for.

The title literally contains “ALPHA”. Have you guys ever released an alpha game that worked out? THEY HAVE BUGS. You don’t want to turn away so many potential future customers at this stage. Like/Dislike ratio has a huge impact on the game’s future. If you release a game with game-breaking bugs, guess what. Not going to be much of a future.

2 Likes

I feel 1k is rather a lot by most games standards. The most Ive ever seen charged for alpha access was 500R$ and that was for Apocalypse Rising 2 which in itself is an amazing game which made the fee worth paying.
In the end though it comes down to the quality of your game so if you think its worth paying 1k to play then there is no issue with it, But if the game itself is not that good then you are far more likely to get negative comments rather than constructive criticism as people will feel they have been scammed.

I’m so much more likely to play a game with a cost of 25 R$ than a game that’s 100 R$ or 500 R$.
And that’s only if the game is in beta. Generally speaking I don’t play games that are paid entry.
I rarely ever spend money on Robux. I haven’t seen any games in beta with a price tag above 50 R$ actually do well in beta. And they usually stifle their growth due to this. Marketing is almost pointless at that point. It’s like making a cool game like GTA V, and then adding something like GTA Online to it.

Setting a price too low and increasing it will upset a lot of players. Setting a price too high and lowering it will not. If you want to restrict the number of people playing your game and you think it’s worth R$1000 then do so, just be prepared to lower the price overtime if you want more people to play it (and reward those who paid for early access).

1 Like

Yes I get that but I’d think they’d much rather spend that other 200 on something else rather then just a game

Yes, you got it. I just want a small amount of players. But also I want them to be the ones that feel a bit like you might about a kick starter. Getting the “founding member” badge.

Still maybe the best thing is to create a test group.

Not sure.

Give them whatever you want, just remember. They’re not entitled to anything, so don’t feel the moral obligation to do anything of the sort. It is a bonus, it is a nice thing… but having access to the game early is a reward in itself already.

This is correct, but incorrect.

By developer exchange rates, yes, R$1000 is $3.50 USD, but when buying “new” robux, it costs ~$13-$15 USD. When seeing if I should buy a PA (Purchase Access) game, me as a normal player would look at how much I bought the robux for, not how much I can exchange it for.

1 Like

I would not spend 1000 Robux to test a game if I were to make a test game i would do maybe 50 Robux for the game entry I would way rather pay 50 Robux Then 1000