For loop with Low-Poly vs High-Poly parts

Hello, I have a question regarding game performance.

I have made a for loop that goes through many many parts in a folder and basically puts them all inside a table for later use.

Now I was doing a test and getting regular parts but in my actual game I need to get parts that have a larger poly count.

My question is would there be a drop in performance if I try to get many high-poly parts in a for loop and put them in a table instead of low-poly parts or would it be exactly the same as getting the low-poly parts?

Have you tried to use the microprofiler? @5uphi has a good tutorial.

However in this specific case for a definite answer I would look at both the Main thread which is running the loop script and the Render thread handling the GPU.

I predict that the difference would be in the Rendering rather than script wise if the parts are parented to workspace.

From my experience usually the difference is 0.001 microsecond not visible from a normal playing perspective which is why I don’t bother with these kinds of optimizations and why I won’t do it for you.

Hopefully another developer has the time to perform this testing, but for now this is my answer before this thread gets buried.

plus it’s better if you learn yourself for every other performance question.

Plus this code only runs once right?

Then it shouldn’t incur a consistent fps drop.

1 Like