For recolored or series UGC content, allow the creator to implement it all in one

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard for users to find the other color variations of a UGC item that was created.

• Example: A layered clothing item with recolors.

It is also too hard for users to find all the items in a series that the UGC creator uploaded.

• Example: A head accessory that goes with a shoulder accessory.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would prevent users putting in extra effort to find the recolor of the item they want. It will prevent the Avatar Shop from being filled with recolors of the same mesh.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, this will allow UGC creators to earn more because the user will have a higher chance of buying the recolored version or the rest of the items in the series.

(SIDE NOTE)
The solution could be similar to shopping platforms where when you select the item you want, it shows all the recolors or items in the series.
This feature should not be allowed for classic clothing. It is only allowed for UGC creators who create accessories and layered clothing.
During the uploading process, the UGC creator should have the option to add the recolors of the item or items in the series.
When a user clicks an item from the Avatar Shop and goes to its page, the recolors or series items should be under the image.
If there are more than a certain amount of recolors, it shows as +2, or +3 (or implement a scroll feature where you can side scroll through them).
If there are no recolors listed, then none appear.
When the user clicks a recolor, it changes the page to that item’s page and the main item then goes to the area where the other recolors are.

22 Likes

Old feature request with 50+ likes.

1 Like

I include not just recolors in my request, but also the same item in a series.
Nevertheless, that post does seem to request a similar feature I suggested.
I did not know that post existed.
Thanks for adding it here.

1 Like