For UX Sake Add a Mute Music Button To Your Game!

I said add SFX and audio. Honestly, if I couldn’t add SFX and audio to a game I made and people complained because of it, I’d just say that I made it, it’s my right to pick and choose what I want to include in it, and you have no say in the matter because you weren’t involved in the creation of it. If they still can’t understand and resume complaining after that, I’ll just put more emphasise on not adding sound at all.

1 Like

I think you’ve misunderstood me. I wasn’t criticizing your creations in any way. I was simply adding my opinion to your post.

I think you misunderstood me too! I was giving my response to anyone who would say that to me later on, not to you! :smile: Basically, that post was a rant, just pay attention to the first sentence.

In response to the post below, I used “you” in the scenario of me talking directly to complainers. :slight_smile:

I was mainly speaking of this.

But yeah, I completely agree with your otherwise. Adding SFX and Audio is nice. But also adding a mute button for both is also really nice just to give the user that option so they don’t have to leave the game.

As a UI/UX designer, I can’t help but stress this :clap:

1 Like

Thanks for posting this to remind people of how important it is. I have seen many YouTubers get mad for this, some of my friends too.

1 Like

We actually have a sound system in place that detects how loud an audio is in real time and reduces the audios settings to combat it, thus reducing ear blasters to ash. However, I can’t stress how effective the good old mute button is. It’s a must have.

1 Like

I’ve never bothered implementing a mute button in game as I believe that players can always just open their settings and slide the volume level down with just as much, if not one step more, than implementing a custom slider for volume in game would be.

I actually support this, without this I would probably be in bed thinking about what could happen to my YT channel Insidious ROBLOX R.

I just can’t think how good a mute button would be, not only for just recording but if I was trying to listen to something but had to listen for example an ear killer.

Imagine I was just so tiny little and very very young, just 3 and got ROBLOX. I played a game that had a very loud music, but there was no mute button and I didn’t know what to do and instead had to listen to that horrible music and wait for Mom or Dad to come down and help instead of just being able to mute the music in one click and ta-da, it’s all gone. I might add mute buttons to some of my own games ya know.

This mute button could be a good idea.

1 Like