Force player to wear rig

Hi there, How can I force all players to wear a certain package? (not the default package)

EDIT: To be clear, I’m talking about an “R15 only game”.

2 Likes

That doesn’t work…

I need to write more characters to send this post

You meant multiple morph in start screen?

How does it not work?

You really need to explain your issue & aims for anyone to help you.

What console is saying? What’s error?

Try getting the package model, naming it “StarterCharacter” and put it in StarterPlayer.

2 Likes

What ID exactly should I put in there? R6 doesn’t have ID’s and this doesn’t help me for R15

That would remove all accessories…

1 Like

Found the problem. Maybe can’t wear R6 things to R15 as intended.

Could you explain what you mean?

Only roblox staff knows, but…

Are you referring to StarterCharacters?

You can name a rig/character “StarterCharacter”, and place it in StarterPlayer to automatically make the player start with that rig.

If you want to keep the avatar while having different body parts, you can navigate to game settings > avatar > scroll down and replace the id’s with the ones you’d like to use.
You can go to the Roblox avatar shop and search for a character. Click a rig you like, and grab the ids of each body part separately to put them into the game settings.

Hope this helps? If you aren’t referring to this, please tell me!

1 Like

This is because R6 is an old system that Roblox no longer wants to support further within the new catalog system with more body parts aimed towards R15.

You will have to use this method of storing a R6 or R15 rig in Replicated storage to swap between.

To handle accessories for both cases the humanoid description system should work:

Alternatively this function should work to make the rigs.

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/Players/CreateHumanoidModelFromDescription

There is also this option for further control with default appearances.

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/property/Player/CanLoadCharacterAppearance

Additionally, use player.CharacterAdded event to execute the code and force the appearance to change everytime the character is created.