ForceField 2.0 Material its with bad textures

i have been testing textures on the new material ForceField but i have tested various materials but they get an bad quality.

1 Like

This is a known issue, hopefully it should be improved soon.

2 Likes

ForceField is so new I expect things like bad quality textures for now… Can you show a side by side comparison of the same texture on a different material?

2 Likes

i will send wait i edit it brother

1 Like

when changing material the texture disappears.

2 Likes

the texture i am using is of voltron gear pack i take it when was 2016 i think

1 Like

Just to get by with your project (if the pixelation is too much of an issue). You should probably just try to make your sphere with glass and and the texture and play with the transparency of both until it looks how you need.

You can probably simulate a force field a little more by using a white line circle image as a billboard GUI. But this method will cost some time playing with the properties.

2 Likes

very good idea. you are a very efficient i am “noob” on building and properties because i like more cframing and scripting but ill try ur efficient method

1 Like

game goes here:

1 Like

This all comes down to how the image is wrapped onto the object you’re trying to manipulate with a texture. Ways you can fix the issue of pixelated textures is making your own mesh in blender and UV wrapping it yourself.

Here’s an example of a health force field area I made in the game. As you can see, it’s not blurry in any way, and the texture is still animated like the normal force field. You can manipulate the size, and quality of the image.

Now, an easy way to Insert the object then UV wrap would be to:

• Ctrl+A to insert the sphere
  • Tab to enter edit mode
  • Numpad 1 then Numpad 5 to see it from the side
  • Press B and select the bottom
  • Press X and delete faces.
  • Tab to go back into object mode

You should end up with this:

Now, you’re going to want to be able to see your UV image editor. You’re going to open another view. Follow the instructions in the photo to do so.

Once that view is open, go to the bottom left and click the button, and you will have an editor type selection pop up:

Click UV/Image editor.

Now, you’re going to unwrap your object so the texture has somewhere to lay flat on.

How to UV Wrap:

• Right click on your object on the left side.
  • Press tab to go into edit mode
  • Press A (this should either unselect stuff or select stuff. If it unselects stuff just press A again).
  • Now that everything is selected press U and click unwrap

(this should pop up)

You should now see that you have an image on the UV/Image editor.

What this is doing, is making it so your texture with lay completely flat on the sphere. This should minimize pixelation.

Your unwrapped mesh is finally done, what you are going to have to do now is save it and then import it into Roblox.

Steps to import into Roblox:

Then, save the file to wherever will be the easiest for you to access it. (I’d recommend Desktop for now).

Now, you’re going to go into Roblox Studio and create a special mesh. Upload the mesh file and now you have the mesh you can experiment with. You can experiment with the size of the image you use, the colors, etc. I would recommend transparent/gradient type images. There’s a lot you can do, trial and error.

I hope this little mini tutorial helps out tho!

8 Likes