You have probably seen how repetitive cart ride games are and each cart-ride game isn’t really re-playable (i.e. once you completed the cart ride, you have basically have seen everything). You have probably also noticed how, in most of the cart ride games, there are usually players messing around with people trying to get to the end like spamming the “up” button of someone else’s cart to make that player’s cart go way too fast or purposely stay on the track to potentially have players fall off of the track.
Since I feel like there could be more potential, I spent a few hours creating Forever Cart, which is a cart ride where each track is procedurally generated, and each server has a unique track you could ride on. This place is also designed specifically to prevent cart abuse, by making it where only players that are already in the cart can change the cart controls and using collision groups to prevent players from interfering with each other.
There is still more work that is still be done, and I plan on adding more stuff to make the game more fun and interesting (like in-game currency, a snack bar, game passes, and so on), but that is only a concern for my future self to worry about.
You can try out the game (currently in Alpha) below. It might initially feel like a stereotypical cart ride but that will change with future updates. If you have any suggestions on how to improve or make the game more fun, don’t be afraid to leave a reply below. Other than that, have fun!
– List of Updates –
May 3rd, 2021:
- Speed displays on carts
- A new track would appear every 10 minutes
- Added meme board at the end of the track
- Added a trampoline to the end
May 4th, 2021:
- Modified the map and pieces (replaced trampoline with teleporter back to spawn and made each of the pieces fit within a square grid)
- Removed trampoline with teleporter
- Added “Cash” - the in-game currency - in the game, with players being able to get it by completing the track.
May 5th, 2021:
- Fixed the issue of some tracks having sections that can’t be passed through by cart (like the track intersecting itself or some pieces get too close to each other).
- Minor color changes
- Changing the code to make it more maintainable and modular