Formbuilder | Create an application center in minutes

Welcome to Formbuilder The most powerful, most customizable, and easiest to use form creating software on Roblox!

What is Formbuilder?

Formbuilder is an easy-to-use application center software! Use it to create anything from Feedback Hubs to Application Centers!

Why use Formbuilder instead of other competitors?

• 100% Free, no credit needed
  • Open-sourced
  • Very customizable
  • No watermarks
  • Roblox → Guilded (NOTE: Discord is currently not working, so the temporary workaround is Guilded. Sorry for any inconvenience.)
  • Fast and easy to set up
  • Sending times are faster (Tested)

How to set up?

1. Get a copy of our software with the .rbxl file or the uncopylocked place!
    Rbxl file: Formbuilder v1.2.1.rbxl (49.1 KB)

Uncopylocked place:

1. Open up StarterGui

2. Open the Customizer ModuleScript

3. Open Guilded

4. Create a new channel or use an existing one

5. Hover over the channels gear icon and click it

6. On the left hand side, click Webhooks

7. Press “Create a webhook”

Fill in all the information that you want

8. Click “Copy”

9. Go back to the customizer ModuleScript, and paste the link in

10. Create a Title for your Application Center

11. Create a description (Make the quotes blank if you don’t want a description)

12. Create some questions
    14a. If you want your question to be “Why do you want this job?” on a new line, type
    {"Why do you want this job?", "Paragraph", {}},
    14b. The 2nd parameter is the question type. Type either Paragraph or MultipleChoice
    14c. The 3rd parameter is an array for possible questions. This only works if MultipleChoice is the 2nd parameter.
    14d. If you want more questions, copy and paste the line.

13. Go to Game Settings (On the top of Studio)
    Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 10.17.41 PM

14. On the left hand side, choose Security

15. Make sure Allow HTTP Requests is turned on. This is to make sure you can send your answers to Discord.

16. Publish

Q/A
  1. Is Formbuilder open sourced?
    A. Yes! We operate under a MIT License! I am interested in seeing on what you do with the project! Please DM me on the DevForum!

2. How much scripting should I know before I make the Application center?
    A. Not that much knowledge is needed. All you really need to know are Strings.

3. I have an idea, how do I post it?
    A. You can post it on this thread! If you aren’t a Member+ yet, feel free to message me on Roblox your idea!

4. I want to help contribute to the project, how?
    A. Please DM me on the DevForum.

5. Was Formbuilder based off any other projects?
    A. Yes. Formbuilder was based off Discobytez.

This took countless hours to make! I hope you like Formbuilder! If you have a question, please feel free to ask! Same with suggestions! I want suggestions!

29 Likes

Not the best idea. Using this will risk your DIscord account being banned if the center is frequently sending applications to Discord due to rate limits.

4 Likes

Hello! Do you have a solution to that? It is not like there will be 100/ minute. That is only if you send 50 applications / second (As an example). For popular role-play groups, you probably would see around 5 / minute.

2 Likes

Have you taken spammers into account?

Simply create a rate-limiting system to throttle how fast applications are being sent to Discord.

1 Like

The solution to that would to be adding a ban system to your game.

Add this in a Server Script:

local BanTable = {1, 2, 3} -- Add the User ID's of the spammer
local KickMessage = "You are banned"

game:GetService("Players").PlayerAdded:Connect(function(Player)
   for _, PlayerId in pairs(BanTable) do
      if Player.UserId == PlayerId then
         Player:Kick(KickMessage)
      end
   end
end)

Manually creating a banning system for spammers:

• Is inefficient, as you’ll have to manually update the table
  • Defeats the purpose of making things simple
  • Is making a game dev do extra work since creating a rate-limit is ridiculously simple using tick() or even wait()
4 Likes

Well if they wanted to submit a new application, they would need to leave and rejoin the game. I see what you are talking about.

Does this depend on RemoteEvents for sending data from the client to the server? If so, exploiters could repeatedly fire the remote and cause your Discord account to be banned faster than you can add their UserId to the ban table, publish the game, and shutdown all servers. Besides, what if this happens while the dev is asleep or busy?

2 Likes

I’m gonna edit the code to where it kicks you and says:
Thank you. You application has been sent!

2 Likes

Yea good idea. I will add an option for that in the next update.

1 Like

Yes. This depends on RemoteEvents. Look at popular games for example. They have a feedback center. They are most likely sending stuff to Discord. There is no way to protect a remote event.

Since it is a remote function, I have an idea.

Maybe make a variable called kickPlayerOnFinish and it will be a bool meaning it is either true or false. Once the player finishes it checks if it’s true and if it is then fire the event.

1 Like

Thanks for the request. I had the same idea.

1 Like

That is false, as you can perform sanity checks as well as checking if the passed data is valid, as well as rate-limiting the remote itself.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I am working on it rn.

1 Like

Hi! I recently forgot that I had a Debounce variable in the server script, only letting you fire it once. I am adding extra security and it will be added in v1.0.1.

v1.0.1 was released!

An optional security update has been added. If an exploiter tries to invoke the function, it would fail and kick the exploiter. You can only do an application once / join. Attempting to do it 2 times will also result in a kick.

(Thanks to @R0bl0x10501050 for pointing that security flaw out)

Full update log

1 Like

Why would this be better to use than a service like BloxTech or RocketApps? They provide a full interface and you can easily manage the state of applications there.

RocketApps also got automation such as auto ranking & auto-grading, do you have plans to add that to you current product?

3 Likes

Yea thanks for the request! We will add that in the future. We didn’t realize that they had that. If you could, could you send other competitors in my DevForum DMS?

1 Like

Sure thing, I can list a few of the big players in a PM :+1:

1 Like