Forum operating very slowly since the maintenance

Yeah I just tried deleting my post and it didn’t let me, now the option isn’t even there anymore

1 Like

I have been experiencing several issues since the maintenance, and I’m currently trying to find and report the major issues I see. Currently multiple bug reports are appearing and hopefully they are fixed.

I can’t reproduce the slowness, and even spam clicking the dismiss button doesn’t work.

Thanks to all the engineers looking into this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some pages don’t load at all

1 Like

Yep, additionally seeing ridiculous response times for a modern webpage:

I’m seeing averages of 1000ms… which is very high for most webpages.

5 Likes

For me it’s been operating at the same still slow speed it operated before. It hasn’t gotten slower at all for me.

This could be a region thing, maybe the servers you’re connecting to are acting weird.

Nevermind, it just died.

Yes, there was an extreme loss of performance after maintenance. Also (just before this answer was posted) the site started crashing. I even got a ridiculous error message. But on the forum I can really say that go wrong.

DevForum had another maintenance, but I’m positive it’s mildly fixed.

We’re aware and looking into it, thanks. Discourse tends to have slightly different run-time behavior between updates and we’re running it at a pretty large scale, so it takes some tweaking/rescaling to get things stable again after each major update. Apologies for the inconvenience.

11 Likes

Unsure if it’s related to the maintenance but each forum category on the homepage is no longer showing an assortment of the latest active and pinned threads for each. Bug or intended?

Continuing the conversation from the dismiss new topic, I checked the Network tab when I clicked “Dismiss New” (this is on Chrome by the way) and it took 13.12 seconds just to process the request.

The image is pretty much saying the 13.12 seconds is just from waiting for the sever.

3 Likes

Here’s a video that shows exactly how slow Dismiss New is now

2 Likes

I might have some insight to this: the forum’s too popular.

I was browsing just fine until it took at LEAST 30 seconds to load. Then I saw this for about 15:

It then proceeded to refresh and I was able to view it again. This happened at 1:52pm EDT.

3 Likes

I personally haven’t experienced this happen to me, I’ve had a white screen occasionally whilst loading on the mobile DevForum PWA which causes me to relaunch the app.

1 Like

I don’t think this is the case

(source About - DevForum | Roblox)

17,552 users using a site in 24 hours isn’t that much compared to the millions of users major social media platforms have every day.

I think it’s server issues related to the 8/19 maintenance.

2 Likes

Same, hasn’t happened to me. I am running for smoothly.

Not sure why people are still going back-and-forth over what the cause of the issue is – this already has a staff response.

3 Likes

Bumping because the referenced issue has popped up again

1 Like

That was a different maintenance, there was a recent one a couple hours ago:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/notice-discourse-follow-temporarily-disabled-for-maintenance/1458466/

3 Likes

This should be largely resolved now, let us know if you still see this happening.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.