Forum Subsection to report unsavory roblox developers

I think there should be a forum that allows us to report on unsavory roblox developers. The Onsite report tools are good for reporting offensive onsite content, but are not useful when it comes to making long and detailed reports against roblox devs who are selling robux offsite/using botting programs to make their games popular/ running robux survey sites.

I know/have enough evidence to show that a certain user is botting their games favorites/likes/and player count, selling robux offsite, AND running a roblox survey site, but there’s no sub-forum in which i can make a report against this user on the devforums on.

Edit:
Better proposal is that the Report Threads would not be public to anyone other than the creator of the report and roblox dev relations/employees to avoid public shaming

This is not a good idea. Public shaming shouldn’t become a tolerated part of the devforum; It would encourage a negative mentality. Instead you should ask for a better reporting system on the website.

11 Likes

I second Zomebody’s suggestion.

Fairly certain that ColdDeveloper’s thread was locked for this very reason, a better reporting system is the answer - not outcasting or bashing developers.

2 Likes

The subforum would not be public to anyone other than devforums. I mean i can see what your getting at but there should be at least some way to report users who you have evidence of using botting programs, and having ownership of robux selling sites and “Free robux surveys” sites. Theres currently no good system in place to report these users. We should at the very least have a “Advanced Report” function/subforum that lets us make threads that only the person reporting and dev relations/roblox employees can see and respond too

Alternatively, if they’re on the devforum,
07 PM

2 Likes

yeah lets create a subforum just for witch hunting

hell yeah

4 Likes

So over 1350 unique users would still be able to see the report. Sounds public enough to me.

Yes, but not on this forum. As I mentioned, if you think the web reporting system is not sufficient, propose improvements to that system instead.

At the end of that post i Ended it with

We should at the very least have a “Advanced Report” function/subforum that lets us make threads that only the person reporting and dev relations/roblox employees can see and respond too

I completely agree with your point, which is why i amended the op as well. The forum posts should not be public to all other devforum members

This is possible with the flagging feature. Hit “Something Else” when picking a flag category and then type your message there. If you don’t have enough characters, hit send and go to your inbox on the devforum and edit the report to have more content there if necessary. (Flags with a comment are really just devforum DMs after you submit them, and all of developer relations should have access to this DM)

If you don’t have any specific post to flag, you can still send a DM to all of the developer relation members on the devforum manually and include the message there. However, you might then as well email about the issue.

1 Like